cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
kumarbala
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator

Nprinting alerts

I need to send alerts when professional access unallocated tokens comes to some threshold value(for example 5%) from licence management.can anyone give me the idea how to create report and alerts.

Labels (2)
2 Replies
Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

you have almost everything ready....

• go to Monitoring Apps --> License Monitor app
  • create in it variable starting with "=" sign and for as an expression use the one you need. In example below I used one from "Unallocated Professional Access" object. 
    • IF((license_type_enabled)='Token-based',
      IF(Sum({<[License Token Type]={"User*"}>}[License Allocated Tokens]-[License Used Tokens]-[License Quarantined Tokens])/Sum({<[License Token Type]={"User*"}>}[License Allocated Tokens])>0,
      Sum({<[License Token Type]={"User*"}>}[License Allocated Tokens]-[License Used Tokens]-[License Quarantined Tokens])/Sum({<[License Token Type]={"User*"}>}[License Allocated Tokens]),0)
      IF(Sum({<[License Token Type]={"Professional*"}>}[License Total Available Tokens])/Sum({<[License Token Type]={"Professional*"}>}[License Total Tokens])>0,
      Sum({<[License Token Type]={"Professional*"}>}[License Total Available Tokens])/Sum({<[License Token Type]={"Professional*"}>}[License Total Tokens]),0)
      )
  • 1.png
  • go to NPrinting and create a connection to this app, reload metadata, create HTML report with some message.. for example: 
    • "Hi XYZ - the number of Unallocated Prodfessional Access licesnses is: %%-here add your variable %%"
  • now importnt thing - setup task
    • Create Publish task
    • Add report you have created with your message as HTML
    • Add users who will receive it
    • Choose email as destination
    • In Email section put report into email body (embed report)
    • go to conditions and setup condition!!!
      • this will dictate when report will be sent
      • base your condition on the variable you have created and set it up against the threshold
      • once done your report will or will not be send - this will depend if condition returns "true" as a result of condition test
    • go to triggers and setup a schedule - this will dictate how often NPrinting will attempt to send report

That's it.

If you want to learn more about setting app, connection, creating report  conditions, HTML reports etc.. go to Https://help.qlik.com all info you need is there

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.
Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

btw. I suggest you also upgrade your NPrinitng installation and it is not supported anymore. NPrinting 17.0 is very old. I suggest you go for September 2020 version.

thanks

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.