cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Nprinting connection error after upgrade

Hi All

Hope someone can help me with a problem that occured after last upgrade.

Upgrade seem to go fine, but after upgrade we have a connection error. When I try to update connections or make new connections we are not able to run verification and this is the point not where the error occure:

"All Qlik Sense engines are reachable from the Qlik NPrinting Engine computers."

When I check the nprinting_engine log I can see this error:
"Engine.Navigator.QlikSense.SDK 1.0.0.0 Engine.Navigator.QlikSense.QlikSenseDiagnose 20171122T111330.193+01:00 ERROR QSPRINT 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 *** PerformDiagnosis found a problem: Valid Sense Engine qse is not reachable on port 4747."

Firewalls and ports are not my strong area, but we have added port 4747 inbound on the server where Qlik Sense is installed and outbound on the server where NPrinting is installed. Also under domain profile the Firewall is off on both servers.

Anyone got any ideas what to do next?

Thanks,

Britt Karin

27 Replies
Hatus
Partner - Creator II
Partner - Creator II

Hi

To solve this issue you must install Qlik Sense certificates on Qlik NPrinting computers to be able to:

• Create connections from Qlik NPrinting to Qlik Sense apps.Certificates must be installed on all Qlik NPrinting engine computers to create connections to Qlik Sense apps.

Look into this video guide Setting up environments to enable Qlik NPrinting to Connect to Qlik Sense - YouTube

Let me know if this worked for you.

Regards

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

I already did that, but looked at the video and did it all again in case I missed something. But with same results when I run verification on the connection:

Capture.PNG

Thanks a lot for all suggetions, I'll keep trying

Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

This just guess

do you want to try re-instate Root Admin rights for NPrinting service account in user settings in Qlik Sense QMC maybe?

regards

Lech

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

I removed the rights and put it back, but no change. All guesses are welcome!

regards

Britt Karin

Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

so another quess.. you know how you are saying that you have re-installed Qlik Sense certificates. Did you restart NPrinitng services after this (or whole machine)?

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

I tried both with no success.

Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

I just looked up in help document the error you are getting. It says:

Verify that the Qlik Sense proxy address is correct and no firewalls are preventing the Qlik NPrinting Engine from reaching the Qlik Sense Engine service. This Qlik Sense Engine service usually uses port 4747 (either on the Qlik Sense central node, or on dedicated Qlik Sense Engine nodes). This port can be configured in the Qlik Management Console (QMC).

Qlik NPrinting and Qlik Sense must be installed in the same domain. Verify in Qlik Sense Qlik Management Console (QMC) that the user who is running the Qlik NPrinting Engine service is in the RootAdmin group.

SO i guess you have covered everything.. Did we check if it is all in the same domain?

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Yes, I've seen this too and tried to go over everything here and it is all in the same domain. But I guess there is something I'm not seeing. I also uninstalled everything and did it over again since we have just been testing a little until now. Installed it all again with same result. Search continues, will let you know if I figure it out.

eightieschild
Creator
Creator

Hi Britt Karin

Just another small test you might want to try - can you disable the Windows firewall on both NP and QS servers?

This may confirm whether its a port/comms issue or not.

If still not connecting, can you confirm with your IT support guys whether there are any network level VLAN/firewall/routing comms restrictions between the two servers?

Also, is your QS engine is on the same node as your QS proxy?

Kind regards

Chris

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi Chris,

The firewall is disabled on both NP and QS servers, and I've been told there shouldn't be any restrrictions between servers.

The QS engine and the QS proxy is on the same node.

regards

Britt Karin