Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
NarayanaSwamyKarli
Partner - Contributor III
Partner - Contributor III

Nprinting cycle option failing for some files in the zip generated

Hi,

We use NPrinting Nov 18 version and using cycle option to generate zip of files of pptx files for each  value of cycle field.

However, some files example 3 out of 10 files generated are with zero file size and filename suffixed with __[FAILED]__

when that failed file is opened, message appears "The presentation appears to be using old powerpoint template design"

Though other files in same zip are all fine.

Also, in qliksense the data is present for the failed cycle values.

Can anyone help what exactly could cause this.

Regards,

Narayana 

Labels (1)
9 Replies
Frank_S
Support
Support

@NarayanaSwamyKarli 

Is it possible that you have any conflicting filters? Does it always happen with the same filters/cycled values or does the result vary.

Note the following:

• a user filter with city=seattle and an
  • object or a task filters where city=paris

(also shown in example 4 in the 'Filters' documentation below. This results in a 'empty' set and will error out.)

If any of the filter rules are broken, this could cause the issue you are experiencing.

https://help.qlik.com/en-US/nprinting/June2019/Content/NPrinting/ReportsDevelopment/Static-dynamic-f...

See rules and examples.

Also check for this error in your NP engine and scheduler logs and repair any filters if applicable.

• If the application of a filter results in an impossible selection, a specific error is returned: "Cannot apply filter {0} to current document data. Requested fields with evaluates are: {1}",

IF the above doesn't address the problem and if you don't get any other helpful feedback in the discussion thread, I would then suggest that you start a support case with the Qlik Support desk.

Kind regards...

Please remember hit the 'Like' button and for helpful answers and resolutions, click on the 'Accept As Solution' button. Cheers!
igarri
Partner - Contributor II
Partner - Contributor II

Hello @NarayanaSwamyKarli ,

We are experiencing the same issue in our environment (NPrinting Nov-2018). In our case, it fails randomly on some values of the cycle. Sometimes all of the reports are generated correctly, but other times it failes in one or two of them. It only seems to happen with office reports reading from QlikView (cluster, service or local connection, all fail).

Did you manage to solve this issue?

Thanks!

Ruggero_Piccoli
Support
Support

Hi,

My suggestion is to start by upgrading to latest version in order to benefit of all resolved issues.

Then check filters applied to tasks, reports, users etc maybe the one or two reports of a cycle that fails have inconsistent filters. 

Best Regards,

Ruggero

Best Regards,
Ruggero
---------------------------------------------
When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads with a LIKE if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads with LIKEs if you feel additional info is useful to others.
igarri
Partner - Contributor II
Partner - Contributor II

Thanks for the reply Ruggero,

It only fails sometimes. Same App data, with same filters, fails in 20%-30% of the executions in some random cycle values. So it doesn't seem to be related with incorrect filters or task misconfigurations. Also, it happens in different reports and apps (all of them with cycles).

We've opened a case with support. I just wanted to know if Nayarana was able to solve this after an upgrade, given that our problem is happening in a huge client and upgrading without knowing if the problem is solved is not a good option.

Thanks!

Ruggero_Piccoli
Support
Support

Hi,

Good. Please, if possible, share here the solution of the support case. Thanks.

Best Regards,

Ruggero

Best Regards,
Ruggero
When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads with a LIKE if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads with LIKEs if you feel additional info is useful to others.
dandaanilreddy
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

Hi Narayana,

I am also facing the same issue while generating the Nprinting reports. I have used a field called business in the enable cycle option. Some of the reports are generating fine with the correct data but some reports are getting generated with the suffix failed and i don't see any data in the reports. Please let me know if you find any solution. 

Thanks,

Anil

Ruggero_Piccoli
Support
Support

Hi,

I suggest you to open a new conversation for a new issue. 

Please specify what version of Qlik NPrinting are you using, what kind of template, include screenshots and error messages.

Most common issue in similar cases are related with filters, so my first suggestion is to start by checking them.

Best Regards,

Ruggero

Best Regards,
Ruggero
dandaanilreddy
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

Hi,

I have removed the filters and used only the dimension business in the enable cycle option. When ever i am running the task the execution status is showing running for a long time (i think this is because of 20 businesses in my dimension ). After running for a long time the status is changing to warning and a zip file is generating. Some of the reports are generating with a suffix failed and i don't see any data but when i select the same business in Qlik sense app i see the data . I am using Version 18.9.5 and April 2018 release.

Thanks,

Anil

igarri
Partner - Contributor II
Partner - Contributor II

We have upgraded to NPrinting June 2019 and the issue has been fixed.