Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Elyse
Contributor II
Contributor II

Nprinting date range filter: from a fixed date to a dynamic date

Hello,

I am trying to create a Nprinting filter which allows me to see PublishDate equal& greater than 6/13/2021 and equal& smaller than previous day.

So far I tried with Advanced Search

=([publish_date]>=date(44360, 'MM/DD/YYYY')*(Date(Today()-1)>=[publish_date])

and 

=([publish_date]>=date('6/13/2021', 'mm/dd/yyyy')*(Date(Today()-1)>=[publish_date])

both returned nothing.

I tested both  '=date(44360, 'MM/DD/YYYY')'  and '=date('6/13/2021', 'mm/dd/yyyy')'  part with Evaluated value function, they are working fine. 

I use this frame to create dynamic date range filters a lot, it works. I assumed it's the fixed date part caused this issue.

Please advise, thank you in advance.

Elyse

Labels (2)
2 Replies
Frank_S
Support
Support

Hi @Elyse

Can you recheck the steps described in the video contained in the following link?

If your expressions work in your Qlik Sense dashboard, then they should also work in NPrinting if they are formatted correctly theoretically.

Kind regards...

Please remember hit the 'Like' button and for helpful answers and resolutions, click on the 'Accept As Solution' button. Cheers!
Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Hi,

Maybe have a read and make sure you know how your field is created in Qlik Sense - this is most important. Note that dates are usually duals and may have timestamp on them too..

https://nprintingadventures.com/2019/02/15/the-pitfalls-of-nprinting-filters-part-1-dates-and-duals/

once you go through that you may want to have a read about advanced search options:

https://nprintingadventures.com/2019/06/26/nprinting-filters-part-3-advanced-search/

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.