Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
steinar_vassnes
Partner - Contributor II
Partner - Contributor II

Nprinting designer error in powerpoint

Hey!

I got a error message in Nprinting designer when I want to save or preview the report. This is a powerpoint report. 

I have about 5 slides with about 5 objects per slide. Below you see the message. How can I solve this? Any Idea?

clipboard_image_0.png

Labels (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Ruggero_Piccoli
Support
Support

Hi,

I suggest you to upgrade to September 2019 that supplies more detailed information when a similar error appears. This is a generic error message.

Best Regards,

Ruggero

Best Regards,
Ruggero
---------------------------------------------
When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads with a LIKE if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads with LIKEs if you feel additional info is useful to others.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Ruggero_Piccoli
Support
Support

Hi,

I suggest you to upgrade to September 2019 that supplies more detailed information when a similar error appears. This is a generic error message.

Best Regards,

Ruggero

Best Regards,
Ruggero
---------------------------------------------
When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads with a LIKE if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads with LIKEs if you feel additional info is useful to others.
Frank_S
Support
Support

Hi @steinar_vassnes 

Do the following:

1. Reload the NPrinting Connection used with this report

2. Check the report for any out of date NPrinting image or table tags, tags used in headers/footers of the PPTX file

If the object IDs that represent the images have changed, then you will need to update the tags used in the report template by deleting and replacing them with the updated tags found after reloading your NP connection.

Basically you need to make sure you aren't using NPrinting tags in the pptx headers and footers and that your tags in the template editor are up to date.

If you are using "pages" in the NP template editor as well, make sure those tags are up to date as well.  This may happen if the source data is changed or updated.

Other wise continue to follow Ruggero's advice. But in addition to his comment, make sure that when upgrading, you upgrade not just the designer but also the NP server. Both must ALWAYS be the same version or risk report development issues. In the meantime, you should also make sure that your NP designer is the same version as your NP server.

Kind regards...

Please remember hit the 'Like' button and for helpful answers and resolutions, click on the 'Accept As Solution' button. Cheers!