Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
raju_salmon
Creator II
Creator II

Nprinting designer

Hi,

I am new to nprinting and would like to download designer to install ans explore. However i have seen two (QlikView Nprinting Designer and  Qlik Nprinting Designer) which one i need to download and what is difference between these two?

Nprinting.jpg

Thanks.

Raju

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Sorry mate - i really don't get you

As i said before - find out what is your Engine and Server version first - as we need to know which version you are using. What you select under "Product Category" depends on your server version as shown on images below!

Just find out your version, select it from version or Release listbox and you good, Product Category will then filter itself to what is required.

For NPrinitng 17.0 - you would use QlikView NPrinting Designer

For NPrinting 17.1 -  and higer you would use Qlik NPrinitng Designer

1.png

2.png

cheers

Lech

--------------------------------------------

When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT https://community.qlik.com/docs/DOC-14806. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads as HELPFUL if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads as HELPFUL if you feel additional info is useful to others.

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.

View solution in original post

6 Replies
Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Hi Raju,

Questions:

• did visit https://help.qlik.com?
    • there is a very well organized documentation about NPrinitng which also at the very beginning shows comparison table between NPrinitng 16.x (old version) and NPrinitng 17.x,18.x which is a new version of NPrinitng with web based interface
  • do you know what is a difference between those 2 versions? If you dont, i suggest you contact Qlik or Qlik Partner and get them to demonstrate to you each version as there is fundamental difference in both. Personally i would suggest you to learn NPrinitng 17 and higher as it is a product which gets a lot development attention.
  • Without knowing which version you want to download we can't answer your question!

Regardles which version you choose you still need to have NPrinintg license to run it. DO YOU HAVE IT?

side note:

with NPrinitng 16.X you would get away with Designer only, but you will be limited only to QlikView (it does not with Qlik Sense) and i think sooner or later it will be fully replaced with NPrinitng 17,18 and higher!

wwith NPrinitng 17+ Designer will not work standalone. You need to install server and engine first, set it up and then install designer which gets launched from web console

As a starting point i suggest you do homework first and lear little bit more about NPrinitng. Help site also has videos. Community site also has a lot of tutorials and videos.

Value Added Products Resource Library

cheers

Lech

When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT https://community.qlik.com/docs/DOC-14806. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads as HELPFUL if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads as HELPFUL if you feel additional info is useful to others.

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.
raju_salmon
Creator II
Creator II
Author

Thanks for great response.

We are using Nprinting 17 here and my question was, to develop reports on desktop which one we need to use?

QlikView Nprinting Designer or  Qlik Nprinting Designer

Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

So if you are using NPrinitng 17 you need to figure out exactly which version you are using  (server and engine - there are many) .... and download EXACTLY the same version + SR (serial release).

So the steps are:

• go to your admin nprinting console and get a version from there
  • go to Qlik download website (make sure you are logged in with your Qlik account), i used: https://ap-a.demo.qlik.com/download/
  • you should be redirected to download page like the one below
  • select from the listbox version of product you have in your company - you need to use the same version as your Server & Engine, else it will not work.

download page.png

cheers

Lech

raju_salmon
Creator II
Creator II
Author

Thank you Lech. May i know what i need to select under product category? QlikView Nprinting designer or Qlik Nprinting designer. This was actually my question, looks like i would have provided clear details. Thanks again for your time.

Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Sorry mate - i really don't get you

As i said before - find out what is your Engine and Server version first - as we need to know which version you are using. What you select under "Product Category" depends on your server version as shown on images below!

Just find out your version, select it from version or Release listbox and you good, Product Category will then filter itself to what is required.

For NPrinitng 17.0 - you would use QlikView NPrinting Designer

For NPrinting 17.1 -  and higer you would use Qlik NPrinitng Designer

1.png

2.png

cheers

Lech

raju_salmon
Creator II
Creator II
Author

Thank you.