Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
dandaanilreddy
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

Nprinting edit template errors

Hello All,

Currently i am using Qlik sense Nprinting April 2018 version. When i am trying to open the edit template i am seeing so many errors. I have to try at least 20 times to open the template. Sometimes times it opens on the first attempt. The BI tech team is restarting the server which is helping only for some time. Please can someone let me know what could be the cause for this? 

Note: Whenever i the try to edit template each time i get a new error.

Thanks,

Anil

Labels (2)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Frank_S
Support
Support

Hi @dandaanilreddy 

Thanks for the additional information....it helps to clarify what may be causing the issue:

Check the following:

• Report filters: remove all cycles, filters, report naming attributes and try to open/edit the report (If still doesn't open normally then you 'might' have a corrupted source template file._
  • Create a new report using the same report connection as the report that will not open. Does this work?
  • Try to add the same filters, cycles, dynamic report naming attributes to this new report. Then try to edit this new report. Does it open after adding the same cycles, filters, dynamic naming? or does it fail

If you create a new report and it opens as expected without any attributes added to it, then the problem  is likely with your report filter used or a problem with your source data. In this case you can start by checking the report filter to ensure it is configured accurately as per the following. 

If you can't identify a problem with the report filter/cycles/dynamic report name properties and if your new report does not open with no attributes added to it, I highly recommend starting a support case so we can review the issue more thoroughly.

Please remember hit the 'Like' button and for helpful answers and resolutions, click on the 'Accept As Solution' button. Cheers!

View solution in original post

6 Replies
Frank_S
Support
Support

Hi @dandaanilreddy 

Can you please provide screenshots of the errors?

Also check to make sure that the version of NP designer is the same version as NP server

What you are describing often occurs when NP designer is not the same version as NP server.

Please remember hit the 'Like' button and for helpful answers and resolutions, click on the 'Accept As Solution' button. Cheers!
dandaanilreddy
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III
Author

Hi Franks,

I have checked the versions of server and the designer and i see both the versions are same. We are using the version 

18.9.5 for server and 18.9.5.0 for designer which is same i think. I am unable to upload any screen shots due some security reasons. Below is some of the errors i am facing while opening the edit template. 

XML Serializer. Cannot set property value

Access violation at address 57231FC8 in module 'msxml6.dll', Write of address 57231FC8

Access violation at address 57231320 in module 'msxml6.dll', Write of address 57231320

Thanks,

Anil

Frank_S
Support
Support

Hi @dandaanilreddy 

Thanks for the additional information....it helps to clarify what may be causing the issue:

Check the following:

• Report filters: remove all cycles, filters, report naming attributes and try to open/edit the report (If still doesn't open normally then you 'might' have a corrupted source template file._
  • Create a new report using the same report connection as the report that will not open. Does this work?
  • Try to add the same filters, cycles, dynamic report naming attributes to this new report. Then try to edit this new report. Does it open after adding the same cycles, filters, dynamic naming? or does it fail

If you create a new report and it opens as expected without any attributes added to it, then the problem  is likely with your report filter used or a problem with your source data. In this case you can start by checking the report filter to ensure it is configured accurately as per the following. 

If you can't identify a problem with the report filter/cycles/dynamic report name properties and if your new report does not open with no attributes added to it, I highly recommend starting a support case so we can review the issue more thoroughly.

Frank_S
Support
Support

One more thing you should check is as follows:

The NPrinting connection associated with the report:

• If the connection is generated using an account that has exclusive access to the report or section access (which prevents other users from accessing the source QVW or QVF) This too could be causing the issue.
dandaanilreddy
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III
Author

Hi Frank,

Thanks for the support. I have tried the below steps what you have suggested and the steps 2 and 3 worked. The edit template is opening on the first attempt. Is there way i can repair my template or do i need to do it from scratch?

My Excel report template contains 10 sheets with many objects. So it will be time taking for me to create the report from scratch. Please let me know.

Thanks,

Anil

Frank_S
Support
Support

Hi @dandaanilreddy 

I think the best approach is to recreate your report. However, you should advise your NPrinting administrator to ensure that in the future all NPrinting program files and folders are exempted from antivirus processing...if this isn't already enabled on your NPrinting server. I am not aware of any way to repair a template that has become corrupted, damaged or deleted manually from the NPrinting server source folders except to restore fully from a previously good NPrinting database backup. (this may not be a good choice because this is a full restore and will overwrite the work of other developers. You cannot restore individual reports using the NPrinting backup/restore process).

Now going forward, I suggest backing up your individual reports that you are responsible for using the following steps:

In your case specifically, I would export your new report after you complete each sheet in your report template. So if you have 10 sheets, you should have 10 exported backups. You should also manually rename each exported Zip with v1, v2, v3 ....etc. This will allow you to restore your report to a specific state as needed. 

Doing this will also help you to narrow down if you have a specific object from your source QVW or QVF that caused your report to break after say adding sheet 9 and the issue returns. ie: v9 exported zip.

Hope this makes sense. I've tried to show you what I would do and to save you time in report development in case you run into this problem in the future.

Kind regards...