cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Jordi
Contributor II
Contributor II

Nprinting error template

When create or edit an excel template an error has occurs.

This not happened before. The Designer and Server are the same version.

Labels (2)
3 Replies
Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Hi @Jordi 

Unfortunately you are running unsupported software. It means that we are on our own and we can only do as much as it is possible outside of NPrinting. 

1. Cause - most likely upgrade of MsOffice

My suspicion is that your MsOffice (Excel, PPT) got upgraded and version you have is not working with the version of NPrinting you have. We experienced this also with recent versions of NPrinting and we were able for most scenarios find workarounds. Those are listed here: https://community.qlik.com/t5/Qlik-NPrinting-Discussions/Qlik-NPrinting-Designer-can-t-find-a-suppor.... Please make sure, that you read everything carefully and you can try to apply suggested workarounds to NPrinting 16.9 version. For the compatibility change you may need to search for .exe file of NPrinting 16.9 designer on the machine where you trying to run it. 

2. Suggestion 

NPrinting designer is relying on other software (like MsOffice). To make sure that you are not affected by issues like this you may:

• - Recommended - migrate/upgrade to latest version of NPrinting
  • - Last resort - or if you intend to stay on NPrinting 16.9 try to roll back your environment to latest working stage, disable all system and software upgrades as only then you can guarantee that nothing will be changed

Well - I hope suggestions which worked for current version will also work for NPrinting 16.9.

Good Luck

cheers

Lech

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.
Frank_S
Support
Support

I will only add two points @Jordi

Kind regards...

Please remember hit the 'Like' button and for helpful answers and resolutions, click on the 'Accept As Solution' button. Cheers!
Ruggero_Piccoli
Support
Support

Hi,

Please let us know if the proposed solution https://community.qlik.com/t5/Qlik-NPrinting-Documents/Qlik-NPrinting-Designer-cannot-find-a-support... works also in your case.

I agree with the suggestion to plane the migration to latest version as soon as possible.

Best Regards,

Ruggero

Best Regards,
Ruggero
---------------------------------------------
When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads with a LIKE if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads with LIKEs if you feel additional info is useful to others.