cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
hildacgg
Creator
Creator

Nprinting excel report with subtotals for each customer

I am new using NPrinting, I need to generate a report with subtotals YTD for each customer, I created a customer level but the report takes forever to generate because it has to loop through each customer. Can anyone suggest the best way to speed up the performance?

I really appreciate any suggestion, Thank you!

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Not applicable

You could load all the data from the Qlik chart into an Excel report and use that to populate an Excel Pivot Table.

This will probably be faster.

Best

Aran

View solution in original post

11 Replies
Not applicable

You could load all the data from the Qlik chart into an Excel report and use that to populate an Excel Pivot Table.

This will probably be faster.

Best

Aran

hildacgg
Creator
Creator
Author

I have 3 levels in total, Customer type, bill-to and customer name. Does NPrinting supports pivot tables with 3 levels?

Thanks a lot for your help!

Not applicable

Excel should and you'll be building an Excel pivot table...

harishkumarg
Creator III
Creator III

Hi

There is no direct way to export a pivot table from QlikView to NPrinting.

Following are the steps,

1. Convert the pivot table to straight table in QlikView.

2. Export the straight table to NPrinting.

3. This straight table has to be converted into pivot table using the pivot option in Excel.

For more info,

https://help.qlik.com/en-US/nprinting/17.1/Content/ExcelReports/HowCreateExcelPivotTableReport/Excel...

Regards

Harish

hildacgg
Creator
Creator
Author

It looks so much nicer the pivot table in Qlikview or the NPrinting report with levels than the excel pivot table, that's why I am exploring more options to try to improve the performance to use levels and not pivot table. I haven't been able to find how the 'Reduce Tasks' task works, just thinking this may speed up the generation of the report.

Thank you!

shoffer
Contributor III
Contributor III

Hilda,

Just curious: have you setup a task to run the generation of your reports?

hildacgg
Creator
Creator
Author

No. I haven't.

Not applicable

Harish,

You can export QlikView pivot tables to NPrinting both as images and as data.

When you export the pivot as data, you preserve most of the formatting. The data will populate cells in Excel, it will not rebuild an Excel pivot table.

Best

Aran

hildacgg
Creator
Creator
Author

I did the pivot table but my labels are calculated using formulas and it doesn't work for the pivot. Do you have any idea how to make the labels work?