Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Suzanne_van_der_Tang
Contributor II
Contributor II

Nprinting filter using dynamic list

Hi all,

I would like to create a nprinting task, which creates a file for each location which is in the source table. So not iterate through all locations, and create files with only a header in it for locations which aren't in the source table, but create no files for those locations at all.

Details:
I've created a table within qlik sense, holding several records, which can be split accross different locations.
In Nprinting, I would like to create a file for each location, holding the records for that specific location.
However: Not all locations are in the table. There is a set expression in there (using the intersection "P" command), which only selects the locations on which there is at least 1 customer of a specific type.
So, in week 1 there could be 2 locations, in week 2 there could be 4 locations. We'll never know in advance.

Any clue? I currently iterate through the locations, and tried to create a filter on the report, but I must include the locations by name in there. And that way my flexibility is gone...

Curious about your options!
The only thing I can come up with is to introduce an extra flag in my app, which flags the locations which have customers this month. I can filter on the flag in nprinting. But maybe there's a standard checkbox which I'm overlooking, to not create any empty files.

Grt,
Suzanne

Labels (2)
5 Replies
Frank_S
Support
Support

At high level what you appear to be referencing is the use of conditions.

So if you want to send a report, you want to specify a certain nprinting condition.

The extra flag in your app might be used to trigger your condition. For example if your flag is generated by a variable and if your variable = 1, and condition is 'true' then send report.

That type of thing.

Note that if there is more than 1 condition used, all conditions must be met for the report to be sent. Otherwise any single condition failure prevents the report from going out.

For more on conditions, visit

Kind regards...

Please remember hit the 'Like' button and for helpful answers and resolutions, click on the 'Accept As Solution' button. Cheers!
Suzanne_van_der_Tang
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Hi,

Thanks for the reply! I'm not really sure if conditions are the best way to go.  It's not that I want the report to conditionally be sent, but I want a report for each location,  which is present in the source table of the report. So for example, if only 5 locations hold data out of 10, I only want 5 reports to be generated.

Grt,
Suzanne

Frank_S
Support
Support

Hi Suzanne,

Perhaps you can achieve you requirement following these steps:

Kind regards...

Please remember hit the 'Like' button and for helpful answers and resolutions, click on the 'Accept As Solution' button. Cheers!
Suzanne_van_der_Tang
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Hi,

Unfortunately, this doesn't help either. I think I might need to explain my problem a little better.

I've got a table in Qlik, which limits the locations based on a set expression in the measure.
For example:
- I only show the revenue of locations
- Of which there are customers of type
x

So, the table holds only records which I would like to have in my final reports, but the app holds more locations which aren't relevant for my report.

In NPrinting, I need to export a file to a disk drive, for each of the locations which is in the table. I created a task which iterates through location, and creates a file for this location. But, when I iterate through the location field, all locations are used for the report: Also the ones which are not even in my source table.

Any clue?

Frank_S
Support
Support

Hi @Suzanne_van_der_Tang

In that case, I will suggest trying to create an NP 'advanced search' filter that contains your set express and apply that filter on the report.

If that isn't the solution then I might recommend speaking with your Qlik Account manager or a Qlik Partner who might assist you in performing a detailed needs analysis to explore this seemingly advanced development requirement.

Kind regards...