Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
lou
Contributor
Contributor

Nprinting issue with Excel report

Hi all,

I have created a very simple table in QlikSense, My purpose is to generate an excel file in Nprinting from this table in QlikSense.

I didn't use any formula, filter etc.. either in QlikSense and Nprinting.

My issue is this one :

Initially I have 1000 rows in QlikSense, when I create the excel file in Nprinting , I have 950 rows, so I lose 50 rows. 

It seems it s a bug in Nprinting.

How can I fixe this issue ? 

Thanks 

Labels (1)
4 Replies
Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Well,

I tested it and I cannot see any limits here. So my questions are:

• How dod you test your initial 1000 rows in Qlik Sense?
  • Is it possible that your some of rows in your dataset are identical so when you put them in UI table they are only shown once, hence smaller amount of rows shown in comparison to source?

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.
lou
Contributor
Contributor
Author

Hello,

I create a KPI with the count of rows in QlikSense, and no the missing rows are not identical, furthermore, there is not "grouping by" in Excel.

The exercice is very simple in Nprinting, I just drag the data in the table from QlikSense into Excel sheet, that's it. 

To summarize : the table have 10 columns

data source : MySQL (1000 rows) -> QlikSense (1000 rows) -> Nprinting (950 rows) 

Frank_S
Support
Support

Hi @lou 

Please check the following for any potential limitations regarding the KPI object that you may be using.

https://help.qlik.com/en-US/nprinting/April2019/Content/NPrinting/ReportsDevelopment/Qlik-objects-su...

Please remember hit the 'Like' button and for helpful answers and resolutions, click on the 'Accept As Solution' button. Cheers!
Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

The group by happens automaticly on Qlik Sense UI table. So if you loaded to your Qlik Model with columns like for example:

Customer,  Sales

A,                   1000

A,                   200

Then on UI in Qlik Sense yu will have only this:

Customer,  Sales

A,                   200

however count(Customer) will still give you 3m and Sum(Sales) will give you 2200. Group by in Table chart in Qlik is the default behaviour. Since NPrinting is using UI (not the table you have in data model) you likely passing to NPrinting already grouped lines.

I suggest you do following:

• create 11th column  in your UI table and put in it expression Count(any dimension from your column). Sort descending by this column and see if all rows return 1. If they do, then we may have a bug or issue, My assumption is though that you will have duplicated rows which in Qlik Sense are automaticly grouped so also they are passed to NPrinting as grouped
  • second - probably easier option - right Qlik on the table in Qlik Sense - > export as data and examine exported data. Do you still get 1000 rows in it?

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.