cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
john_oll
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator

Nprinting latest version, update release frequency in 2021

The latest release of NPrinting is 2021-May SR2.
I am wondering why there is no August release.
Was the release frequency changed? Did I miss an announcement?
Can find anything in release notes or via forum search or via google.

Labels (2)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Yes - Qlik has decided to do it hard way and in August did not do the NPrinting release at all. Instead it has released May 2021 SR2 week ago which now officialy supports Qlik Sense August 2021.

I guess there are no features to be added and there is not much traction in terms of NPrinting ideas on ideation page neither so it just looks like the next releases are just to support new releases of QlikView and Qlik Sense and therefore are not really feature releases - That is only my assumption and guess and is not a confirmed information.

Going back to release cadence - I know - that move to split Qlik Sense release cadence from NPrinting does not make sense at all and dont get me started or I will pour out all my frustrations here in this regard 🙂

Regarding communication on that subject we had some conversations on Tech preview channel here: https://community.qlik.com/t5/Technical-Preview/NPrinting-August-2021-TP-is-it-going-to-be-available...

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.

View solution in original post

15 Replies
Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Yes - Qlik has decided to do it hard way and in August did not do the NPrinting release at all. Instead it has released May 2021 SR2 week ago which now officialy supports Qlik Sense August 2021.

I guess there are no features to be added and there is not much traction in terms of NPrinting ideas on ideation page neither so it just looks like the next releases are just to support new releases of QlikView and Qlik Sense and therefore are not really feature releases - That is only my assumption and guess and is not a confirmed information.

Going back to release cadence - I know - that move to split Qlik Sense release cadence from NPrinting does not make sense at all and dont get me started or I will pour out all my frustrations here in this regard 🙂

Regarding communication on that subject we had some conversations on Tech preview channel here: https://community.qlik.com/t5/Technical-Preview/NPrinting-August-2021-TP-is-it-going-to-be-available...

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.
john_oll
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator
Author

Thanks!
So there was just silence ...  🤔
I am fine with only two or one NPrinting mayor releases a year.
But would be really nice to hear something official.
I guess absolutely everyone is busy working overtime on the MVP version of NPrinting for the Cloud. 😄

Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

you have to be careful with stating that you are happy with less releases of NPrinting. Keep in mind that if you have some new features in Qlik Sense Nov 2021 (coming out soon) you will not be able to use it until Qlik releases version of NPrinting which supports it. 

From our/partners perspective that is often dealbreaker because clients dont look at NPrinting/Qlik Sense/QlikView etc as on all separate products. They just look at those and call it simply Qlik. so if you tell your client that he/she cannot upgrade because the other product (NPrinting) may stop working how do you think you will look like? 🙂

bottom line is: I am fine with no features beeing released as long as parallel version is always released with (at least) Qlik Sense so if client wants to upgrade there will be nothing stopping you from doing it.

cheers

Lech

john_oll
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator
Author

I completely agree.
NPrinting updates that support the current Sense release are the best option.

janyf
Partner - Contributor III

Hello 

Is there some official communication from Qlik about SR2 release ? I cannot find any article about it ...  

Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

NOt sure what kind of announcement you are after? If it is just about whats new you can just go to https://us-d.demo.qlik.com/download/ and download release notes or use this link:

https://da3hntz84uekx.cloudfront.net/NPrinting/21.14.5/211405/Qlik%20NPrinting%20May%202021%20SR2%20...

cheers

Lech

Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Right, i have never searched for those kind of announcements as they were never regular in my opinion, so sorry bit i will not be able to tell you more. For me the download page and release notes was always most reliable place. 
cheers

janyf

I agree but even release notes dont mention this patch (https://community.qlik.com/t5/Release-Notes/tkb-p/ReleaseNotes)