Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
tomer1984
Contributor III
Contributor III

Nprinting -monitor users login to newstand \ accessing reports

Hi Nprinting experts

I am using nprinting email  distribution task  for my reports 

and i would like  my users will use the newsstand app instead .

The benefit of getting the reports by e-mails is the fact that the outlook  app

has push feature so a new message appear on  screen  .

Using newstand will disable this functionality so i would like to monitor my users activity

Is there a way to see all users last login  \ accessing reports ?

Thanks for this great community

Tomer Biran

8 Replies
kfoudhaily
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

I have checked the logs but I don't see any user activity traces in the logs.

in the following thread, they are providing the same reply: nPrinting NewsStand Log / Repository

QlikView Qlik Sense consultant
Ruggero_Piccoli
Support
Support

Hi,

It is not possible to monitor the user activity at the moment (April 2018).

Before to search a solution, I personally suggest also to verify with a layer if it is legal to monitor workers activity in your country. In some places it is illegal.

Best Regards,

Ruggero

---------------------------------------------

When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT https://community.qlik.com/docs/DOC-14806. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads as HELPFUL if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads as HELPFUL if you feel additional info is useful to others.

Best Regards,
Ruggero
When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads with a LIKE if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads with LIKEs if you feel additional info is useful to others.
tomer1984
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Thanks for your answers

I hope there will be a solution soon .

Regarding the leagel aspect-

we would like to monitor the activity because we reward the users that keep track on the data .

Thanks

Tomer Biran

Ruggero_Piccoli
Support
Support

Hi,

I I found a solution I'll let you know.

About the legal part, I'm not an expert so I cannot say nothing more than suggest you to check what is possible to do. I say this because we had a similar conversation months ago here and this question arises.

Best Regards,

Ruggero

When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT https://community.qlik.com/docs/DOC-14806. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads as HELPFUL if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads as HELPFUL if you feel additional info is useful to others.

Best Regards,
Ruggero
When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads with a LIKE if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads with LIKEs if you feel additional info is useful to others.
nicogene
Partner - Contributor III
Partner - Contributor III

Hello Ruggero,

I hope this message finds you well.
It's possible to monitor the user activity to Newsstand with the actual version of Qlik NPrinting?

Thanks and regards,
Nicolas.

Ruggero_Piccoli
Support
Support

Hi,

No, it is not possible to monitor user activity in Qlik NPrinting NewsStand (for example check if a user opened a report, etc). There are not specific features to do this.

Best Regards,
Ruggero

Best Regards,
Ruggero
mtamni
Contributor III
Contributor III

Hello,

Is there any news on this topic ? 

is it possible to monitor user activity in Qlik NPrinting NewsStand (for example check if a user opened a report, etc).

is there any qlik sense application with these informations ? is these informations available on NPrinting database ? 

Best Regards,

Mehdi

Ruggero_Piccoli
Support
Support

Hi,

Starting from November 2020 there is the Audit Trail:

- from the Release Notes

Audit Trail
The new Qlik NPrinting Audit Trail provides insights about system information and integrity. For example, the Audit Trail can be used to monitor changes, user access, user behavior, and more.
Audit Trail logs are stored in a specific database inside the Qlik NPrinting Repository server. You can configure maximum log file size and how long logs are kept. The Audit Trail database also supports backup and restore.
Audit Trail logs are consumed via a public REST API that provides data as text files separated by tabs.

- details are documented in the help site at https://help.qlik.com/en-US/nprinting/May2021/Content/NPrinting/AdministeringQVNprinting/Audit-trail...

If you are using a version older than November 2020 you must upgrade.

Best Regards,

Ruggero

Best Regards,
Ruggero