cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
harjedalskok
Creator
Creator

Nprinting - no data in reports

Hi today I finnaly i got everything to work with the installation av Nprinting, well i think.

When i use the example file from QLik, "sales demo" and create a report using the nprinting designer, and then publish it it shows data in tables ive selected in the report.

But when im trying to do same with our documents, meaning when ive made a conenction to our documents which it says are succesful, "cache generated".

Creating the report works, but when i preview it, it only shows the dimension and the name of the xpressions.

Is there anybody that can enlight me in this matter, feels that it is something really easy to fix but i dont seem to find how.

Thx in advance.

ive attached a test result from the export of the report.

16 Replies
harjedalskok
Creator
Creator
Author

Ive investigated a bit more and found out that, this documents that ive tried has selections that cant be null,

It seems that Nprinting, dont make a selection even if the listbox has "need to have value" selected.

Can we in Nprinting set selections?

Ive now rewrote some of the expression so they make there on selections if none is made.

And now i got it to work

Ruggero_Piccoli
Support
Support

You can create Filters Static and dynamic filters ‒ Qlik NPrinting

and associate them with Users, Tasks, Reports or Objects.

Best Regards,

Ruggero

---------------------------------------------

When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads as HELPFUL if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads as HELPFUL if you feel additional info is useful to others.

Best Regards,
Ruggero
When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads with a LIKE if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads with LIKEs if you feel additional info is useful to others.
harjedalskok
Creator
Creator
Author

Thx alot, that will make it easier.

I will start to create a Salesrapport,

Where the objective is as follow.

• The salesrepresant will get a report "salesreport" every month, lets for say the 5 in everymonth.
  • The salesrepresant will be able to login to "newstand" and check the report.

The tricky part, for me as a newbie, is to create a filter that:

1. Make the "salesman" selection when sending the report to specific salesman.
  2. When that specific salesman log into newstand he should only see his sales.

The only selection / report that will be needed is to select "salesman" in the qvw document.

How do I associated the "nprinting recipient with the selection "salesman".

I should probably start a new Discussion, but I start here.

Ruggero_Piccoli
Support
Support

I would to suggest you to read the help site and related intro videos, because they explain exactly what you want to have:

1. create a filter for each salesman
  2. create a user for each salesman
  3. associate the filter with the user
  4. create a report template
  5. create a task that generate that report filtered for each user and sent it to all your salesman filtered via mail or on the NewsStand

http://help.qlik.com/en-US/nprinting/September2017/Content/Videos/Intro-Videos.htm

Best Regards,

Ruggero

When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads as HELPFUL if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads as HELPFUL if you feel additional info is useful to others.

Best Regards,
Ruggero
When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads with a LIKE if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads with LIKEs if you feel additional info is useful to others.
harjedalskok
Creator
Creator
Author

Thank you, Im started to create the import file for all users. 200+.

If im gonna need to create one filter for each user dont get how that will work,

im looking more for a filter that says, if the salesman is test.testsson then filter out "salesman" test testsson and send to test.testsson@test.com

and when test.testsson@test.com logg into "newstand" the report would filter out the test.testsson results.

I found a nice import template, where i can set all filters directly, so its not much work. anyway, again, thanks alot for all the pointing in the right direction.

srilakshmi_as
Creator
Creator

Replying here ,for the sake of others ,if anyone experienced this issue.

For me it happened that, I have added cycle field which has null value for the specific filter and then report is not getting generated.So i have to create a separate report for this kind of new filter requirement.So we need to have an eye on Dynamic Report name,Cycle etc fields .

Ragnar
Contributor II
Contributor II

Yo Ruggero,

Thanks for the advice of the filters may be excluding the data before its exported even though its 'there' in Qliksense.

Had a similar issue whereby the values weren't pulling through and that was because of a filter being applied. This I checked after reading your possible cause which was the solution.

Legend.