cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
hildacgg
Creator
Creator

Nprinting pivot not keeping format alignment for columns

I have created a pivot table in QVW and then adding it as an object to my template in Nprinting, I am keeping my Source format, but the alignment on the columns is not centered as design in the qvw,

How can I force Nprinting to keep the alignment of the data and labels?

Labels and text are on the left and numbers are on the right when producing the report out of Nprinting.

I have Qlikview 12.5 and Nprinting 2020.

Please help!

Labels (2)
3 Replies
Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

That looks like typical excel behaviour, are you using excel template?

Having "Keep source format" checked is not always going to keep your table looking like in QV unfortunatelly. This is limitation and we cannot do much about it.

Sorry!

I dont want to comment on the approach you have taken with using a pivot table as for NPrinting pivot tables we already mentioned here on community in other posts what should be done and how to get best possible results and how to create them to have control over look and feel. This is different topic and depends in many ways on how your pivot table looks like, what are the measures, dimensions, how many dimensions you have and how many dimensions you put in columns section of pivot table...

Each case needs to be looked at individually and to be able to provide you with detailed guidance and assesment what is possible we would need to know excatly what you are trying to build...

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.
hildacgg
Creator
Creator
Author

Thank you for your reply.

I know, I have try 3 different approaches:

1. Pivot as object from qvw

2. Create excel pivot in template from straight table from qvw

3. Using straight table with levels: This approach was creating a lot empty lines, I figured that one out, but now my problem is that there are 2 columns with conditional, they are supposed to be visible only for European customers (Kg) and not visible for all others. Now those 2 columns are being display for all the customers.

How can I hide those 2 columns for the customers that are not European (As it works in the qvw)?

I have 5 dimensions and 4 expressions.

Thank you!

Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Hi, in your straight table you can create flag for european customers and use conditional formatting to hide (colour font and background with the same colour) to effectively make it invisible to the eye. This is just basic excel condistional formatting we talk about here so not even nprinting related topic...

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.