Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ja123__
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator

Nprinting preview works but cycle on dimension in xls to pdf fails

Hi everyone

I set a task to cycle on ClientID. When I preview, because I have a filter for one clientID, I preview his report perfectly including my sheets I have hidden.

However, when I run the task I get this and not sure what I shoudl change I don't understand the error?

Failed generation of report 392e8347-0619-44b7-80dc-f85ca9225277 for user 16925a69-17d8-4c02-9cb0-a9ab52977ac3. ERROR: All documents failed to generate: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

What can I do to solve this?

Labels (1)
2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
Frank_S
Support
Support

I'm please to hear @Ja123__ that you have reported the issue.

This is something we would need to investigate more closely.

In the meantime, I would recommend:

• refreshing the NP connection
  • opening your report
  • Update each table object to by right clicking on each them and selecting update from the right click context menu.
  • Preview the report
  • Run the report as a task again.

Please return to this discussion to report the findings of the case investigation (if you don't mind) so that all can share in the solution.

Kind regards...

Please remember hit the 'Like' button and for helpful answers and resolutions, click on the 'Accept As Solution' button. Cheers!

View solution in original post

Ja123__
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator
Author

Frank after more investigation. A cover page image with formulas seems to have caused the issues.

I have a number of sheets I added. Including a full page exec summary with just 30 formulas. However, I remove the cover page with an 8mb image and formulas and it runs. If anyone runs into this issue and its similar post here or DM and I will explain in more detail.

It's an image. With text boxes overlayed that include formulas to hidden cells. I'm not sure why but finally the task is running.

James

View solution in original post

8 Replies
Frank_S
Support
Support

Hi @Ja123__ 

This issue may be version related. Note that it is always helpful to mention NP versions when submitting discussion questions so that pointed answers can be provided.

This cycle error behavior has been seen in NP 17.6 and older versions and resolved in Feb. 2018 and later versions. (see attached release notes. 

In any case, we would recommend upgrading to the most recent version of NPrinting to leverage all bug fixes, the performance enhancements and ever improving error logging. If the issue persists after upgrading we would ask that you submit a support case to the Qlik Support desk.

Kind regards...

Please remember hit the 'Like' button and for helpful answers and resolutions, click on the 'Accept As Solution' button. Cheers!
Ja123__
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator
Author

Hi Frank,

Thanks for the response. I noticed some issues on the most recent when I did the install. I am on the following:

Qlik NPrinting April 2019

Not sure how to isolate exactly what is the issue here. I can't see an exact Object ID or something giving a problem. It is strange to me that the preview works but not the cycle on dimension anymore.

Kind regards,

James

Frank_S
Support
Support

I'm please to hear @Ja123__ that you have reported the issue.

This is something we would need to investigate more closely.

In the meantime, I would recommend:

• refreshing the NP connection
  • opening your report
  • Update each table object to by right clicking on each them and selecting update from the right click context menu.
  • Preview the report
  • Run the report as a task again.

Please return to this discussion to report the findings of the case investigation (if you don't mind) so that all can share in the solution.

Kind regards...

Ja123__
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator
Author

Hi Frank  @Frank_S   I did everything you said.

Also I created a blank report and it cycled and wrote to the location for each clientID.

After updating all links I ran my full report (Preview still works fine) and failed within a minute or so with the following errors still:

Date and time

Level

Description

August 17, 2019 12:51:01 PM

Info

Starting content resolution for report 392e8347-0619-44b7-80dc-f85ca9225277

August 17, 2019 12:52:36 PM

Info

Finished content resolution for report 392e8347-0619-44b7-80dc-f85ca9225277

Info

Starting content production

Warn

WARN: error during report generation: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

Info

Finished content production

Warn

Failed generation of report 392e8347-0619-44b7-80dc-f85ca9225277 for user 16925a69-17d8-4c02-9cb0-a9ab52977ac3. ERROR: All documents failed to generate: Object reference not set to an instance of an object

Ja123__
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator
Author

Frank after more investigation. A cover page image with formulas seems to have caused the issues.

I have a number of sheets I added. Including a full page exec summary with just 30 formulas. However, I remove the cover page with an 8mb image and formulas and it runs. If anyone runs into this issue and its similar post here or DM and I will explain in more detail.

It's an image. With text boxes overlayed that include formulas to hidden cells. I'm not sure why but finally the task is running.

James

Frank_S
Support
Support

Hi @Ja123__ 

Was this solved on your own or with the assistance of Qlik Support. If so, please PM me the case number so I can ensure that we write an article about the solution.

I am certain this information will be extremely helpful for anyone else experiencing this issue.

Thank you!

Ja123__
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator
Author

Hi Frank

So my current case is 01702105. 

On Saturday I got it to run with a few samples. Today we had a call from the support ticket and had some issues with the call (comp shut down unexpectedly twice). Andrea was helpful to review my filters etc...

Some things I think that may have helped. I checked everything you suggested above, I exported then imported the template. I tried deleting the more "suspect" pages I had added in terms of different from everything I had already built. I suspect this job should take around 200 - 250 minutes before I know it works for all ClientID's but atleast the dimension cycle is working for a smaller filter of ClientID's.

I appreciate the involvement and support.

James 

Frank_S
Support
Support

Hi @Ja123__ 

Once you communicate further with our support team member on what you did specifically to resolve the issue, including steps taken and any images you can provide in the case, the process is that he will then write an article and attach it to your case.

Happy that we could be of service...