Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
amirkachlon
Contributor III
Contributor III

Nprinting prompt screen on different session

Hi,

I have Nprinting server and console installed on my qlikview server,

recently I get popup dialog "Interactive Services Detection" asking my reaction to nprinting:

interactive.PNG

when I choose "View this message" this windows shown on different session window:

npriting.PNG

only when i click open nprinting task starts, until than it.

any suggestions how to prevent from it to stuck my tasks?

Regards,

Amir

12 Replies
Not applicable

Prompt screen means your scheduled NP task is running on background.

Nprinting Server service user must have a valid Named Cal license to run these tasks. Can you try pick document physically and run.

2015-11-02_16-42-56.png

Opening document physically will drop document on ram. If you choose server it wont drop.

Not applicable

Are using you NPrinting on-demand functionality?  If so this is typical.  If you view the message, a positive result if there is really nothing there.  If the service is not licensed for QlikView correctly, you will see an error when you View the message

amirkachlon
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

On-Demand ?

I excute nprinting jobs by external xml , as following in the next article:

How to Execute NPrinting Reports by External XML Request – Customer Feedback for Vizubi

the thing it's waiting for my response and until i dont click on it the job is'nt running

amirkachlon
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

so you suggest to change the path on the connection string from one uses the qlikviewserver adress to the local file path?

Not applicable

it is a message that comes up when something is calling the service, such as on demand or external xml - I would suggest you view the emssage to make sure it really says nothing and it is a typical message when the service is called externally.If viewing the message does display an error, please let us know

You can keep the ISD minimized so it does not pop-up

amirkachlon
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

you can see on the second attached print screen, connect to server window is open. only after I click Open the jobs actually runs until than it waits for my response. Altough no error shown in this instance its prevent from jobs been excuted and this is the problem.

Not applicable

The issue is the connect to server window should not be coming up - that is what is holding up your jobs.  make sure the server and the user from the server has access to the application.  If you install designer on the server and manually run the same task the external reuest is kicking off, what happens

Not applicable

Hi Amir,
Were you able to get anywhere with this? I am experiencing the same issue. My connection string is to a local path on the server. Both the qlikview server and nprinting client are installed on the server.

When i try to run a series of tasks from an xml document, the result is the following:

Task 1 : Reload the doc - this task runs. (pop up appears -  which i do not click because the idea is for no user interaction)

Task 2: Run an excel version of the report - (THIS TASK IS SKIPPPED - i believe this could be related to the pop-up window appearing)

Task 3: Run a PDF version of the report - This task runs correctly. Quite bizarre behaviour.

I then have to manually run the excel task.

I cannot say for certain my issue is with the "interactive session detection" window appearing but i would be inclined to think it is. Either way, this window should never pop up, the application should handle any exception like this a lot more gracefully.

amirkachlon
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Hi Tom,

I didnt have the time to try fix it yet, but from my reading I suggest you do the following:

1. make sure the user assigend on the nprinting server and the one on Nprinting service properties is the same one:

לכידה.PNG

2. give this user "logon as a service" privilege.

please let me know if it works