Defect acknowledgement with Nprinting Engine May 2022 SR2, please READ HERE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Nprinting & publisher on the same machine

Hi all,

I am going to have Qlikview Publisher and Nprinting Server installed on the same physical machine. Qlikview will be installed on a different machine.

Nprinting Server requires a licenced qlikview client in order to interact with files.

My question is.

If i have Publisher together with Nprinting Server , do i still need a Licensed Qlikview Client?

Regards

2 Replies
Stephen_Jasionowski

Yes, you will need a licensed QlikView client for every instance of NPrinting, both designer and server.

Frank_S
Support
Support

NPrinting can be installed on the same server as publisher.

NPrinting requires the QV desktop to run reports where ever QVWs are located including with the NPrinting server. Therefore the answer is yes, the QV desktop requires a licensed QV client.

NPrinting sends it's API calls to the QV desktop so therefore, the QV desktop must be licensed as NPrinting does not work with QV personal edition.

To ensure you have a fully configured, healthy NPrinting Environment, please check the documentation at the link below:

Troubleshooting: NPrinting Server Service and Schedules

Please remember hit the 'Like' button and for helpful answers and resolutions, click on the 'Accept As Solution' button. Cheers!