Defect acknowledgement with Nprinting Engine May 2022 SR2, please READ HERE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
julioarriaga
Creator II
Creator II

Nprinting query that gives a list of all connections with their corresponding Qlik Sense App Ids

I want to thank everyone in advance for your help.

We are doing an nprinting migration and the original nprinting environment is a mess, so I need to have a quick list of the connections with their respecting Qlik Sense App Ids, so I can track the apps that are a priority in the migration.

Anyone knows how to do this?

Thanks in advance.

The version is Nprinting September 2018 SR2

Labels (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Solution below is not supported and may break your repository. So do backup before taking steps below.

I would use QlikSense or pgAdmin to connect to nprinting postgress DB

how to connect:

https://community.qlik.com/t5/Qlik-NPrinting-Discussions/NPrinting-Repository-Database-Name/td-p/133...

then I would use query to pull connection data:

SELECT * FROM public.data_connection
ORDER BY id ASC

This will list all your connections with corresponding connection string where you can extract app ids from

1.png

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Frank_S
Support
Support

Hi @julioarriaga 

What exactly do you mean by

• "so I need to have a quick list of the connections with their respecting Qlik Sense App Ids, so I can track the apps that are a priority in the migration"

Answer: There is nothing out of the box within the NPrinting Web Console that will export a list Qlik Sense Id's associated with your NPrinting reports. The Qlik Sense IDs are only visible when drilling into the NPrinting connection page in the NPrinting web console.

What version of NPrinting exactly are you migrating to and from? If you are migrating to an entirely different server then you can do the back up and restore process found here.

https://support.qlik.com/articles/000032251

Hopefully this information guides you in the right direction.

Kind regards...

Please remember hit the 'Like' button and for helpful answers and resolutions, click on the 'Accept As Solution' button. Cheers!
julioarriaga
Creator II
Creator II
Author

Thanks for the reply.

Both versions are September 2018 SR2: 18.29.9.0

I was hoping for a way of querying that information in the Qlik Postgres Database.

Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Solution below is not supported and may break your repository. So do backup before taking steps below.

I would use QlikSense or pgAdmin to connect to nprinting postgress DB

how to connect:

https://community.qlik.com/t5/Qlik-NPrinting-Discussions/NPrinting-Repository-Database-Name/td-p/133...

then I would use query to pull connection data:

SELECT * FROM public.data_connection
ORDER BY id ASC

This will list all your connections with corresponding connection string where you can extract app ids from

1.png

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.