cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
andrefpc
Partner - Creator II
Partner - Creator II

Nprinting report rank with filter

I'm trying to create an indiviual store report.

Basically, there's a set of stores, in Qlik Sense, I'm able to create a table with sales value and the rank of each table.

Inicially I tought the problem was in Qlik Sense it self as if I selected one store, the rank would change to 1 (only one store is "available"). I was able to edit the table so that, if I select one store the rank would still compare the sales value to the total of every store.

In NPrinting I have a filter for every store and, when I run the report with the store filter the rank is always one, meaning that NPrinting is aplying the filter before calculating the table and not giving the correct rank on the report.

Anyone faced a similar issue? What am I missing?

Thanks in advance.

Labels (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

so here are my questions:

* Is the filter you apply in NPrinting using the same Qlik Sense field you apply store selections in QS directly?

* how did you override selection in QlikSense table (did you use set analysis there to ignore store selection?? If so is it ignring the field you use in NPrinting filter? Can you share your expression, screenshot of data model, screenshot of selection made in Qlik Sense and screenshot of ALL filter settings in NPrinting (including report, task, recipient filters which are part of this report distribution list) 

* what template are you using and can you share screenshot of your template where there would be column names visible (unless you are using image)?

In short i suspect that you made your qliksense chart immune to selections in QlikSense but in NPrinitng you are probably using different field to apply store selection which causes problem.

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.

View solution in original post

5 Replies
Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

so here are my questions:

* Is the filter you apply in NPrinting using the same Qlik Sense field you apply store selections in QS directly?

* how did you override selection in QlikSense table (did you use set analysis there to ignore store selection?? If so is it ignring the field you use in NPrinting filter? Can you share your expression, screenshot of data model, screenshot of selection made in Qlik Sense and screenshot of ALL filter settings in NPrinting (including report, task, recipient filters which are part of this report distribution list) 

* what template are you using and can you share screenshot of your template where there would be column names visible (unless you are using image)?

In short i suspect that you made your qliksense chart immune to selections in QlikSense but in NPrinitng you are probably using different field to apply store selection which causes problem.

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.
andrefpc
Partner - Creator II
Partner - Creator II
Author

Sorry for the delay in the reply Lech.
Spot on. Thank you so much.
lorevanachter
Partner - Contributor II
Partner - Contributor II

Any chance you could still share how you did the rank?

The set analysis that you used?

I am currently facing the same issue and I can't seem to find the correct set analysis for it.

Kr,

Lore

Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Spoiler
Hi @lorevanachter 

i suggest you open new ticket here, attach in it link to this post as well as sample of the qvf or qvw file with the data you want to create rank on (data can be dummy, but granularity and model should be the same as it will be required to determine the set analysis)

you may also include sample of expected result wit details regarding the way you want to distribute your report. Make sure you provide info if you want to use any filters or cycles or page/levels in nprinting as they also are important. 

the better you describe your problem the faster you my get correct answer