Defect acknowledgement with Nprinting Engine May 2022 SR2, please READ HERE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Vigneshvaran
Partner - Contributor
Partner - Contributor

Nprinting reports getting failed- "Exceeded maximum number of retries. No report will be generated"

Hi,

Some tasks are getting failed with the following error message "Execution for task 410bb7e7-2f7a-407b-8f91-5176ea8ff6aa failed for an exception System.Exception: Exceeded maximum number of retries. No report will be generated."

They aren't getting failed daily, some days they are getting generated fine. But whenever the task fails, the consecutive two tasks also fails with the same error message. Can someone please give more insights on this error.

16 Replies
Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Hi,

The error indicates that connection to your Qlik server at that particular moment was unsuccesful.

• What application are you connecting to?
    • QlikSense?
    • QlikView?If so-what type of QlikVIew connection are you using (LOACL or QVP),
  • Which version of NPrinting are you using?
  • How do your Qlik application reloads going - maybe they not finished on time or maybe they are still running when NPrinitng kicks in.
  • The other thing is connectivity. What is a network latency between Qlik and NPrinting server?

Please give us something more than general error to work with.

Thanks

Lech

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.
Vigneshvaran
Partner - Contributor
Partner - Contributor
Author

Hi Lech,

Please find the below details.

• Qlik Sense 3.1 SR2
  • Qlik Nprinting June 2017
  • Our applications reload are going fine, they are getting completed before Nprinting kicks off.

Note: We have scenarios like the first two tasks after the app reload get successfully completed and the next 3 apps getting failed with the above mentioned error message.

Regards,

Vigneshvaran V A

Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

What about the question regarding  latency/ connection quality?

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.
Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Also what do you see on Qlik Sense log for those events?

Vigneshvaran
Partner - Contributor
Partner - Contributor
Author

We don't see any issues in connection quality, they are going fine.

Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

I understand that you say this based on windows logs Even data for the timeframes where reports failed?

Vigneshvaran
Partner - Contributor
Partner - Contributor
Author

I am sorry that am not sure on Windows logs. Am saying this based on the connectivity to the server by using the ping command in command prompt. To be more clear am exactly facing the same issue as the following link NPrinting 18 - ERROR: All documents failed to generate: Exceeded maximum number of retries

Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

no need to be sorry. I am aware of the other topic you pointed to. The reason i was asking about connectivity is that connection could be dropped somewhere in between Qlik and NPrinting. I would investigate logs from this period. Since you exactly know the date and the time you can narrow it down to quite small window.

Vigneshvaran
Partner - Contributor
Partner - Contributor
Author

Hi Lech,

Please find the below screenshot and attached logs for reference. Kindly let me know if I missed anything.NP.PNG