Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
rthamman
Contributor III
Contributor III

Nprinting - reports version handling

Hi,

Question 1:

Suppose we clone a report from one version and create a new version from the same report, how do we handle the references? Do we always have to keep the old report or is there any way? I am asking this question as it will be a problem in Production.

Question 2:

How do we handle all the versions of the report in Nprinting?

1. In terms of storage and memory ( as each version is a report itself)?

2. In terms of dependency between each report? 

Is there a way to archive the reports in a better way? So that it helps solve the above problems?

Or is there a better solution for it?

Please let me know.

Thanks,

Apeksha

Labels (3)
1 Reply
Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

My advice is:

1. Yes - keep the old version as external file (so you can always revert back to it), but when importing to production new version use overwrite/replace option to always have just most recent as a current.

2. I know it is manual process but that is the practice i am using:

• Keep always the latest version active in NPrinting PROD (or the version you working on in NPrinitng DEV) or keep both (but no more than 2)  if you only have one environmnet (Prod & Dev on one server)
  • All previous versions you can export as ZIP bundles and store them on HD with the version name/number and date/time info.
  • I also always do daily repository backups so if needed i can go back with entire environment.

HTH

internally there is no versioning and i think it would not work anyway due to many dependencies to external resources and entire system. 

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.