Defect acknowledgement with Nprinting Engine May 2022 SR2, please READ HERE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Sahal
Creator II
Creator II

Nprinting september 2018 trigger reports(tasks) from QlikView QMC - When?

Hi, This is more of an discussion of WHEN will it happen?

I know that we can use the API to trigger Nprinting tasks however when will triggering be easier to use?

The LDAP integration in Nprinting took a while to get introduced however now the "only" major feature that is missing is to be able to trigger a Nprinting report directly from the QMC.

This is what i want in QMC (whenever you create a distribution task in qlikview😞

"On Nprinting....."

Trigger.PNG

Anyone know when this will be able in QlikView QMC?

Labels (3)
6 Replies
Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

If i were you i would not expect this to happen any time soon. Give or take 2-3 years. This is my pure guess, bur given that there are ways to achieve the same (as you said using Api) then there is no rush with development of such functionality
cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.
JonnyPoole
Employee
Employee

The other thing is that we're looking at a new API end point to trigger User Import tasks as well.  Currently, publish tasks, reload tasks, ondemand requests can all be started via API, but not User Import tasks.  Also i'd expect a desire to chain a user import task + a publish task together, which could be doable with an API call too .  Probably doing this with the UI (more work) could come later.   Any thoughts on priorities for making NPrinting more operationally functional for bigger user bases or more dynamic user bases ? 

JonnyPoole
Employee
Employee

one more - i know its not quite what you asked for but there is a sample QVW in this posting that you can schedule with publisher in order to call an NP task.  Just test/set it up first with QV desktop to make sure it works ok. 

https://community.qlik.com/t5/Qlik-Sense-Enterprise-Documents/Distribute-NPrinting-reports-after-rel...

Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Hi @JonnyPoole

That is a great news. I guess  the other missing bit is connection metadata generation reload  via API . This is just from top of my head, because i would already have few usecases where this feature would be handy.

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.
JonnyPoole
Employee
Employee

The metadata reload should be allowed in the current API .

https://help.qlik.com/en-US/nprinting/November2018/APIs/NP+API/index.html?page=12

Let us know if there is an issue .

Also to clarify , the user import API trigger is being looked at but not committed . Was hoping to garner some very unofficial online feedback on how important that is
Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

you are absolutly right -  i missed  "reload"  string  in post /connections/{id}/reload   oh well - that all means i can now achieve a lot more than before 🙂

regarding "import API trigger" i understand that there is no commitment yet but, is there anywhere in new community a wishlist for features (QlikView, Qlik Sense, NPrinting  etc...) where we could like/vote  and therefore  provide priority indication? I think it would be a great way of engaging users in product developement. Apologies for going of the topic!

thanks

Lech