Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
didierodayo
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

Nprinting template editor (excel) zoomed in

Hello,

has Anyone figured how to resolve this issue. since the upgrade to February 2019 everytime I open the template editor to edit excel reports it is so zoomed out I can't access to make changes. I have had to change my desktop default zoom level everytime then restart the computer and the editor become normal for use. The problem it I can't use the computer at that zoom level either. is there away to scale the template editor automatically and adjust to screen.

When I open excel directly there is no issue.

nprinting template editor.png

Labels (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Ruggero_Piccoli
Support
Support

Hi Didier,

I hope all is fine. Maybe it is this know limitation:

Qlik NPrinting Designer crashes sometimes with zoomed screen settings
If you experience random crashes when using Qlik NPrinting Designer, open your Windows Display Settings
in the Control Panel and verify that Smaller – 100% (default) is selected. When settings of 125% or 150% are
selected, Qlik NPrinting Designer may crash.

Best REgards,

Ruggero

Best Regards,
Ruggero
---------------------------------------------
When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads with a LIKE if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads with LIKEs if you feel additional info is useful to others.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Ruggero_Piccoli
Support
Support

Hi Didier,

I hope all is fine. Maybe it is this know limitation:

Qlik NPrinting Designer crashes sometimes with zoomed screen settings
If you experience random crashes when using Qlik NPrinting Designer, open your Windows Display Settings
in the Control Panel and verify that Smaller – 100% (default) is selected. When settings of 125% or 150% are
selected, Qlik NPrinting Designer may crash.

Best REgards,

Ruggero

Best Regards,
Ruggero
---------------------------------------------
When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads with a LIKE if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads with LIKEs if you feel additional info is useful to others.
Frank_S
Support
Support

Please check the article below for information and feature request regarding the 100 percent zoom issue commonly experienced with Windows 10 and Windows 2016 Operating System platforms.

NPrinting Designer Freeze Crash or Will Not Open when Windows Operating System Zoom Settings Set to values 'other than' 100 Percent - https://support.qlik.com/articles/000038615

• An internal Qlik Ideation has been started with our R&D team to resolve this however a major NPrinting Designer revision would be required. One possible solution to additional flexibility with Windows 10 and Window Server 2016 zoom settings is the development of an NPrinting Web Designer. This is currently added as an idea/feature request but not yet inserted as NPrinting product road map priority at this time.
  • Ideation ID 1568: NPrinting Web Designer
Please remember hit the 'Like' button and for helpful answers and resolutions, click on the 'Accept As Solution' button. Cheers!