Skip to main content
Announcements
Defect acknowledgement with Nprinting Engine May 2022 SR2, please READ HERE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Nprinting upgrade from 16 to 17-NPrinting Designer 17 cannot run as standalone program

Hi,

I want to upgrade the nprinting version from 16 to 17 in the server.

Before trying to install in the server,i want to install on my local machine and test how it works.So i tried installing the nprinting 17 designer .When i try to open it ,i get an error saying "NPrinting  Designer 17 cannot run as standalone program".

1)What is meant by standalone program?

2)Currently the version nprinting 16 designer is present in my local machine.Should i uninstall the designer 16 alone in my local and try installing the designer 17 version and would it work at that time.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Stephen_Jasionowski

Rekha -

If you want to run NPrinting 17, all instances of NPrinting 16 will first need to be uninstalled. Then this document states the order for install of the NP17 setup files: Installing QlikView NPrinting ‒ QlikView NPrinting

NPrinting 17 is a web-based tool and the designer can only be launched from the website.

Capture.PNG

If you try to run it outside of the website, as you did, it will result in an error.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Stephen_Jasionowski

Rekha -

If you want to run NPrinting 17, all instances of NPrinting 16 will first need to be uninstalled. Then this document states the order for install of the NP17 setup files: Installing QlikView NPrinting ‒ QlikView NPrinting

NPrinting 17 is a web-based tool and the designer can only be launched from the website.

Capture.PNG

If you try to run it outside of the website, as you did, it will result in an error.

Not applicable
Author

Thank you Stephen!