Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

(Nprinting v. Sept 2017 ) Qlik NPrinting Scheduler service not running

Dear All,

I've some problem, when Nprinting running task,

suddenly services Nprinting Scheduler is stop and status my Task still running.

I've already restart  all Nprinting Services, but  Nprinting Scheduler and Nprinting Messaging services always stop (I mean, it just running for couple second)

How to fix this.

Thanks

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

This is resolved by principal Qlikview:

Qlik NPrinting Engine and Server, and QlikView Server should not be installed on the same machine. There are no known incompatibilities between these two products, but in a production environment, Qlik NPrintingrequires a separate machine (virtual or physical) from QlikView Server. The reason for this is that Qlik NPrintingEngine and Server will consume all the available resources of the machine they are installed on. In a production environment this may lead to QlikView Server crashing because of lack of resources.

View solution in original post

6 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

This is some description in nprinting_scheduler.log

Some arguments could not be parsed.
Use --help for help with the command line arguments.
Unable to start SchedulerService: exception of type System.ArgumentNullException↓ queue must not be null↵↓Parameter name: queue
Cannot start scheduler service: One or more errors occurred.
Ruggero_Piccoli
Support
Support

Hi,

It seems that also the Messaging service is stopped. Please verify that you met all requirements about the installation (in specific check the rights of the Windows user that runs the Windows services) What is Qlik NPrinting? ‒ Qlik NPrinting

Best Regards,

Ruggero

---------------------------------------------

When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads as HELPFUL if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads as HELPFUL if you feel additional info is useful to others.

Best Regards,
Ruggero
When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads with a LIKE if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads with LIKEs if you feel additional info is useful to others.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi Ruggero,

I have already used Nprinting a few month ago. Yesterday its still working fine and can generate reports.

But today, it not working.

Btw our app QVW have been licensed too (not Personal Edition)

silvacarlos
Creator II
Creator II

Did you resolve this?

Ruggero_Piccoli
Support
Support

Hi,

I suggest you to check the logs to see if there are some useful error messages. Otherwise I think the best idea is to open a support ticket so a colleague can organize a remote session with you to do a deeper investigation.

Best Regards,

Ruggero

When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads as HELPFUL if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads as HELPFUL if you feel additional info is useful to others.

Best Regards,
Ruggero
When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads with a LIKE if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads with LIKEs if you feel additional info is useful to others.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

This is resolved by principal Qlikview:

Qlik NPrinting Engine and Server, and QlikView Server should not be installed on the same machine. There are no known incompatibilities between these two products, but in a production environment, Qlik NPrintingrequires a separate machine (virtual or physical) from QlikView Server. The reason for this is that Qlik NPrintingEngine and Server will consume all the available resources of the machine they are installed on. In a production environment this may lead to QlikView Server crashing because of lack of resources.