Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
guruprem
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

Nprinting word report - not opening

Hi All,

I wish develop Nprinting word report and I am opening Nprinting designer June 2018 .

Errors I am facing , the moment I open the Npriniting designer , I got below error:

Nprinting Designer Error.PNG

Then Nprinting designer is being opened with out the connection

Nprinting Template Editor.PNG

What I tried:

I found that these kind of errors are happening only when I wish to use MS Word/Excel output.  When I want to open pixel perfect report then template editor is behaving okay.

Kindly advise how to avoid this problem.

3 Replies
Ruggero_Piccoli
Support
Support

Hi,

From https://help.qlik.com/en-US/nprinting/June2018/Content/DeployingQVNprinting/System-requirements_desi...:

Microsoft Office

Excel, PowerPoint, and Word 2007, 2010, 2013 or 2016

Both 32-bit and 64-bit architectures are supported.

Microsoft Office must be installed locally on computers where Qlik NPrinting Designer is installed if you plan to created and manage Excel, PowerPoint, or Word report templates.

You do not need Microsoft Office to manage HTML and PixelPerfect report templates.

Best Regards,

Ruggero

---------------------------------------------

When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT https://community.qlik.com/docs/DOC-14806. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads as HELPFUL if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads as HELPFUL if you feel additional info is useful to others.

Best Regards,
Ruggero
When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads with a LIKE if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads with LIKEs if you feel additional info is useful to others.
guruprem
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III
Author

rpc‌,

Thank you for reply. My machine already have MS office and in second screenshot the cursor is on the blank word document.

Ruggero_Piccoli
Support
Support

Hi,

The first error you see can be genarated because Office is not installed or because during the Designer or the Office installation something went wrong.

I would to suggest you to install again the Qlik NPrinting Desinger and try again.

Be sure also to have the correct ports opened on the Qlik NPrinting Server and your computer in order to let the Designer to communicate with the server.

Best Regards,

Ruggero

When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT https://community.qlik.com/docs/DOC-14806. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads as HELPFUL if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads as HELPFUL if you feel additional info is useful to others.

Best Regards,
Ruggero
When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads with a LIKE if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads with LIKEs if you feel additional info is useful to others.