cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mikeslade
Contributor III
Contributor III

Number Format not persisting to excel

Hi, could do with some help getting formatting correct, I can't seem to crack it!

I have a table in Qlik Sense app with a field year_week that is number format yyyyww - this is coming through to excel, but excel is showing number stored as text. I've tried overwriting the column format to number in the Nprinting designer, but I must be doing something wrong.

Does anyone have any suggestions? I'd like to avoid macro use ideally.

Thanks.

Labels (2)
2 Replies
Ruggero_Piccoli
Support
Support

Hi,

Did you removed the Keep Source Format flag? With it activated the format settings you do in the template are not used.

Does the original Qlik Sense app column has a Text() formula that force the output to be text?

Best Regards,

Ruggero

Best Regards,
Ruggero
---------------------------------------------
When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads with a LIKE if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads with LIKEs if you feel additional info is useful to others.
Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

How do you create this field in Qlik Sense. Is this a concatenation of 2 fields which would result in ASCII text output?

thanks

L

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.