cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
dalewill
Contributor
Contributor

Object reference not set.... when opening nprinting

Just upgraded my PC to windows 10.  The first time I tried to use nprinting it crashed.. hard.  I had to hard boot the computer.  I read the article about settings the display to 100% on my 3 monitors (Which REALLY sucks!) and did that.  Now when I try and edit the template, I receive the message below.  The template never opens.  I've tried uninstalling/reinstalling with no luck.  I'm running November 2018 version.

Any suggestions?

Sincerely,

Dale Williams

Untitled.png

Labels (2)
2 Replies
Vegar
MVP
MVP

I've experienced the same error my self from time to time. Have not figured out why and when it happens, but one of the two actions below have always helped me.

Reload the connection meta data in the web consol.

Restart the Qlik Nprinting Engine service. 

Good luck.

Ruggero_Piccoli
Support
Support

Hi,

February 2020 has the following bug solved with a similar error message:

Metadata reload failed on some Qlik Sense connections
The metadata reload of Qlik Sense connections could fail while executing the ComputeTitle method. The error
message was: "System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object."

If you are trying to edit an Office template, you could also try to reinstall Office in the PC used to run the Designer.

Be also sure that .NET is installed.

Best Regards,

Ruggero

Best Regards,
Ruggero
---------------------------------------------
When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads with a LIKE if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads with LIKEs if you feel additional info is useful to others.