Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
_jespers_
Partner - Creator II
Partner - Creator II

Objects not available in the node "Tables"

Step-by-step what I did

1. I created an empty application and then added data with the CTRL + 00 function.

2. Created a table with one dimension and one measure

3. Copied this table several times and changed visualization for them

4. Added another table and added another dimension and measure

5. Published the app

6. Created a connection to that app in Nprinting

7. Created a new report in Nprinting

And now to the problem. I can see all the objects if I check in the node "Images". But if I check in the node "Tables" I can only see 3 of 5. Does anyone know the reason for this? I have never encountered an issue like this before on any other clients environment. 

Nprinting issue.PNG

Labels (2)
22 Replies
_jespers_
Partner - Creator II
Partner - Creator II
Author

Hi,

I imported your test application and found the graph as a table in the Tables node. So no problem with your test application.

The client is using Nprinting November 2020.

Nprinting issue_2.PNG

_jespers_
Partner - Creator II
Partner - Creator II
Author

I then  created a new app and imported your app data with binary load and created a bar chart containing exactly the same dimensions and measures as in your app.

Created a new connection to that app in NPrinting, and now I can't see the bar chart in the Tables node, just in Image node.

Nprinting issue_3.PNG

So it seems like it has something to do in what version of QS the application was created in?

The client just upgraded QS to April 2021

Ruggero_Piccoli
Support
Support

Hi,

Based on what I know this doesn't depend on the Qlik Sense version. I can see the simple bar chart from Frank's qvf, so could you share your qvf so I can test also it?

Note also that "Qlik Sense charts with Chart suggestions enabled" are not supported. Refer to https://help.qlik.com/en-US/sense/February2021/Subsystems/Hub/Content/Sense_Hub/Visualizations/creat.... So be sure that they have not this feature enabled.

Best Regards,

Ruggero

Best Regards,
Ruggero
---------------------------------------------
When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads with a LIKE if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads with LIKEs if you feel additional info is useful to others.
Frank_S
Support
Support

It appears that Bar Chart objects are not supported for table export as it is not listed here.

https://help.qlik.com/en-US/nprinting/February2021/Content/NPrinting/ReportsDevelopment/Qlik-objects...

So you can work around this by

• edit your sheet containing the chart
  • make a copy of the bar chart then convert it to a straight table by dragging the 'table' object onto the copied bar chart.
  • click 'convert to table'

convert bar chart to table.png

• Click 'Done Editing'
  • Reload the NPrinting connection to this QS app
  • find the new object is visible in the tables list

convert bar chart to table2.png

Then you can used the straight table data in your report.

Please remember hit the 'Like' button and for helpful answers and resolutions, click on the 'Accept As Solution' button. Cheers!
Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Hi @Frank_S 

I would be very careful with the above statement.

Link you provided is not showing what objects can be used. Instead it only shows restrictions and limitations and there is no mention of Bar Chart in restriction and limitations, hence I take it is fully supported. 

ALSO - And this is dealbreaker!!! - If they are not supported now, means that they are not backward compatible anymore which would break a lot of things. 

Could you please double check/confirm with R&D how does that work?

If it is as you say, we probably should have clear documentation which object can be used as Table, Image, Level, Page etc .... explicit and clear list should be maintained keeping in mind backwards compatibility.

My other observations:

• having charts suggestion on in chart properties - breaks ability to add chart to tables
  • having conditional column show
  • creating chart (say line chart) and then dragging&dropping bar chart on top of it and using CONVERT function - breaks ability to show as table
  • I am not sure about alternative dimensions and measures and have to test it.

In my opinion documentation is too vage in this matter and should be more precise to allow us to have clear view on this.

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.
Frank_S
Support
Support

@Lech_Miszkiewicz 
I agree that the docs could be improved on this point.

My response is also based in tests I've made 'before' responding as well...not just reading docs.

I will def check with R&D to clarify nonetheless...

Please remember hit the 'Like' button and for helpful answers and resolutions, click on the 'Accept As Solution' button. Cheers!
Frank_S
Support
Support

So R&D is looking into this and I expect our documentation will be improved to clarify once they have completed their investigation. (internal tracking ID HLP-10114 )

In the meantime if a chart type is not available as a table, the steps I shared can be used as a workaround.

Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Thanks @Frank_S 

appreciate your help with this!

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.
Frank_S
Support
Support

No worries!

btw...do you ever sleep? 🙂

Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

I actually do... I guess it is timing which may be confusing for you. I am Sydney based and I think you are Vancouver? right? So every time you finish job I am just about to start mine 🙂

cheers!