cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
AyCe1082
Creator
Creator

Objects rendered in PDF suddenly blown up

Hi there I am relatively new to QV and have taken over an established infrastructure. Two machines are used; one is for Qlikview and the other is for Nprinting.

Yesterday I had an issue where the QV server was off the network for a short while, and any reports created since the incident have been unusable due to the straight tables and scatter charts contained in some of the pages being disproportionately larger in size. The template is in excel. Has anyone had this experience before?

Solutions attempted: Restarting each server. Using different .qvws and .nsqs.

Labels (2)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Frank_S
Support
Support

So to be clear the images you uploaded are those of straight tables that you mentioned that you are having issues with.

If so,  please first check your zoom settings here in the QV desktop:

Zoom Settings QV Desktop.PNG

Since you inherited your NP environment, it's possible that other team member made this change for other purposes. Try setting back to 100 percent if it is a value other than this.

Another thing you can try is logging on as the NP service account which is used to run your NPrinting server. Then try to produce the report as that user account.

Additional Check Point: Check the image settings: Try using Fit within or even specify the Max width/height pixel dimensions ie: 600x400 to ensure the image size fits your report

image settings.PNG

Please try the above points first. 

Then you can try to create a new NSQ, source connection and report. It's possible that the NSQ itself has become corrupted by saving it in different versions of the NPrinting designer desktop. If the new NSQ works, then you can assume the NSQ had become corrupted.

Finally, there is a possibility that the user account experiencing the issue 'may' be corrupted and might need to 'remove

from the computer and recreated simply by logging on again as the 'removed' user.  

*If you use this solution, remember that any files such as qvws, nsq and report templates stored in this profile will be lost. Please move any such files out of this user profiles desktop, document, public documents to a central location before proceeding with this solution....Use this solution with great care ensuring all profile files are saved...if any*

remove.delete computer user.PNG

This should be the last thing you try however. Hopefully the first two points will hopefully solve it.

If you prefer, you may contact the Qlik Support desk or your Qlik Support partner if you wish to receive direct assistance with this issue.

Also since you have taken over, please be advised that NP 16 is being deprecated in March 31, 2020.

Kind regards...

Please remember hit the 'Like' button and for helpful answers and resolutions, click on the 'Accept As Solution' button. Cheers!

View solution in original post

5 Replies
Frank_S
Support
Support

Hi @AyCe1082 

Can you tell us a bit more please:

• Which version of QlikView
  • Is the QV desktop installed with your NP designer computer and your NPrinting Server computer the same version as the QV server? (If not, they need to be)
  • Are you using Images in your reports? or simply straight tables?
  • Which windows operating system (windows 7, 8, 10?) are you using where you are developing your NPrinting reports?
  • Can you provide samples of 'before' and 'after' reports if possible? Or is it exclusively with newly developed reports?

Thanks

Please remember hit the 'Like' button and for helpful answers and resolutions, click on the 'Accept As Solution' button. Cheers!
AyCe1082
Creator
Creator
Author

QV version 12.10.20700.0 SR9 on both computers

The WIndows version is Server 2012 R2.

There are a couple of images but it is mostly made up of scatter charts and straight tables some are rendered with calculated plots over an image background.

The images I have sent are straight tables. The problematic report is the one with the large text in the screenshots I sent. They are so big they are cropped out and also reduce the overall size of the reports by two pages.

Frank_S
Support
Support

So to be clear the images you uploaded are those of straight tables that you mentioned that you are having issues with.

If so,  please first check your zoom settings here in the QV desktop:

Zoom Settings QV Desktop.PNG

Since you inherited your NP environment, it's possible that other team member made this change for other purposes. Try setting back to 100 percent if it is a value other than this.

Another thing you can try is logging on as the NP service account which is used to run your NPrinting server. Then try to produce the report as that user account.

Additional Check Point: Check the image settings: Try using Fit within or even specify the Max width/height pixel dimensions ie: 600x400 to ensure the image size fits your report

image settings.PNG

Please try the above points first. 

Then you can try to create a new NSQ, source connection and report. It's possible that the NSQ itself has become corrupted by saving it in different versions of the NPrinting designer desktop. If the new NSQ works, then you can assume the NSQ had become corrupted.

Finally, there is a possibility that the user account experiencing the issue 'may' be corrupted and might need to 'remove

from the computer and recreated simply by logging on again as the 'removed' user.  

*If you use this solution, remember that any files such as qvws, nsq and report templates stored in this profile will be lost. Please move any such files out of this user profiles desktop, document, public documents to a central location before proceeding with this solution....Use this solution with great care ensuring all profile files are saved...if any*

remove.delete computer user.PNG

This should be the last thing you try however. Hopefully the first two points will hopefully solve it.

If you prefer, you may contact the Qlik Support desk or your Qlik Support partner if you wish to receive direct assistance with this issue.

Also since you have taken over, please be advised that NP 16 is being deprecated in March 31, 2020.

Kind regards...

AyCe1082
Creator
Creator
Author

Hey Frank I really appreciate the assistance. I tried changing the clipboard to 100% (it was at 25% on the QV server and 50% on the NP server) and there was a marked improvement however it is still a bit off. Everything seems to be the correct size again except for the table in the screenshot. This is happening sometimes but not every time. I believe it is just the way one of my .qvws has been calibrated as it only happens when that document is used.

I tried making a new NSQ earlier and added that to the list of solutions that did not work. I log onto both servers using the main user account for that server. I haven't really looked into this however so I am not sure if it is a service account or if it may be corrupt.

I found it strange how this wasn't an issue until yesterday. It had me wondering if something was corrupt because NP was connected to QV when the network issue happened.

I appreciate the warning about the NP 16 deadline!

Frank_S
Support
Support

Hi @AyCe1082 

Glad I could help!

The 'improvement' chart looks like it is embedded into another larger chart ie: it has its own vertical and horizontal scroll bars.

I would check how that entire 'improvement' chart is constructed. ie: is it one chart object (CHXX) or is it several charts (CHXX, CHXY, CHXZ, etc) manually placed side by side and one over the other

You may need to use the NPrinting sizing features I mentioned earlier to manually size each separate chart to the needed dimension.

Hope this helps as well.