cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
louiswinter
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator

Office 2016 with NPrinting 16 Designer

Has anybody successfully used MS Office 2016 with the NPrinting 16 Designer?

We were recently forced to upgrade our servers from Office 2013 to Office 2016 (yes, we know this is not recommended without testing first).  The production server is working just fine, all office template reports work correctly.  When I select "Edit Template", the designer starts the office app (Excel.exe, etc) and then errors with a "The application has encountered a problem." popup.  The popup also has the message "QlikView NPrinting can't find a supported reporting template editor for the file [template filename].xlsx.".  After clicking "Don't Send", a blank designer window opens.  The Excel.exe app continues running in the background for the user and has to be killed via Task Manager.  I am able to start Excel manually and open the template outside of the designer, just not in the designer.

Louis

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
louiswinter
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator
Author

Since posting this question we have found the following fix:

Workaround for MicroSoft Office 2013 error: "Cannot find a supported template editor"

After importing the x64 registry settings, the NPrinting designer now works correctly again.

We are thinking that in the process of uninstalling Office 2013 and installing Office 2016, the referenced registry keys were broken by the installer.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
louiswinter
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator
Author

Since posting this question we have found the following fix:

Workaround for MicroSoft Office 2013 error: "Cannot find a supported template editor"

After importing the x64 registry settings, the NPrinting designer now works correctly again.

We are thinking that in the process of uninstalling Office 2013 and installing Office 2016, the referenced registry keys were broken by the installer.

anatezra
Contributor II
Contributor II

Hi Louis

Does the NP works fine with creating new excel templates and also editing an existing template?

I ran the fix and then the creating new template worked fine, but when trying to edit it I ran into the same error message again..

I manually checked all the reg keys and they are all set to 16..

I also restarted the machine and everything..

gksmithlcw
Creator
Creator

I gave this a try and I still receive the following when trying to run a report:

MessageDateTime
ErrorError: QlikView NPrinting can't find a supported reporting output producer for the file C:\Users\grant.smith\Desktop\EZView\Production HRM Reports Template CDM Baseline Only.pptx.11/4/201612:38:19 PM

Any thoughts?

Thanks!