Defect acknowledgement with Nprinting Engine May 2022 SR2, please READ HERE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
rubenmarin

On-Demand (QV) visible reports

Hi all,

I have created some On-Demand reports for one NPrinting App, and another reports in another app.

I have a rol that gives read permission for reports in App1, and another role that gives red permission in App2.

When users click in On-Demnd button it shows all reports, not only the one the user has access. If they try to execute a report from another app it returns an error because they don't hace read permission but I expected they won't even see the report

np_error.png

Is this the expected behaviour or I'm missing something? How reports can be hide so users only see report they have access?

Regards

Labels (2)
3 Replies
Ruggero_Piccoli
Support
Support

Hi,

Upgrade to latest version. Starting from February 2019 there is a new warning message: "You do not have permission to create On-Demand reports. Please contact your administrator." instead of the error message.

Best Regards,

Ruggero

Best Regards,
Ruggero
---------------------------------------------
When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads with a LIKE if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads with LIKEs if you feel additional info is useful to others.
rubenmarin
Author

Thanks for the answer Ruggero, I will ask for an upgrade and test the behaviour.

More than the error message I expected the user won't see reports of another apps in the list of available templates:

NP.PNG

I will try if newer versions doesn't shows all the on-demand reports, just the ones the user has access.

Regards.

rubenmarin
Author

Update: seems it only happens when using the same document but in different environments.

Connection1: \\pre_server\DocName

Connection2: \\pro_server\DocName

When connected to pro_server access point it shows the on-demand reports devoloped for pre_server connection (pre_server is a test edition of qv server)