Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ipauldur
Creator
Creator

On Demand Report Error

Hi,

We are receiving this"Error code 403 the user has no permission to view report"  error for some of the users. But they have access to nprinting report. Also this report working fine for many of the users. This error is coming for some of the users only. What would be the cause?. Attached the screen shot of error. Much appreciated your response.

Thanks,

Durai

8 Replies
Frank_S
Support
Support

Check the following article as it likely contains the solution in your situation:

We usually see this error that you reported when configuration steps are missed.

https://qliksupport.force.com/articles/000050987

Also make sure that any specific users that need access are domain members and that their domain information is mapped to their NPrinting user accounts.

domain user account field entry.PNG

Please remember hit the 'Like' button and for helpful answers and resolutions, click on the 'Accept As Solution' button. Cheers!
ipauldur
Creator
Creator
Author

Looks strange. They are able to download the report when they have 'administrator' role. But receiving the above error when they have only 'user' access role.

Thanks

Frank_S
Support
Support

In the NP web console go to:

Admin>Security Roles>User (role)

Enable On Demand reports.

See image below:

enable user role for On Demand report creation.PNG

This is one of the setup requirements.

https://help.qlik.com/en-US/nprinting/September2018/Content/NPrinting/On-Demand/Create-Report-On-Dem...

Requirements

Note the following:

• Qlik NPrinting On-Demand Add-on must be installed on the QlikView Server.
  • Qlik NPrinting administrator must assign On-Demand users a security role with On-Demand Create authorization.

Please remember hit the 'Like' button and for helpful answers and resolutions, click on the 'Accept As Solution' button. Cheers!
ipauldur
Creator
Creator
Author

This is enabled already. Otherwise how it will work for other users who has only user role. Still it is working fine for some of the users who has only user role.

Thanks

Frank_S
Support
Support

The next step then is to submit a support request directly to the Qlik Support desk if none of the items above worked for you so that the issue can be investigated for closely.

Ruggero_Piccoli
Support
Support

Hi,

If you met all the requirements listed in the help site and posted by Frank you should have a working On-Demand environment. Be sure that the user is a domain user, that it has the right in the role and reports.

You told that when it has an administrator role it is able to see the reports and it is not able when it has a user role. So the issue is in the user's rights. Post a complete screenshots of the configuration of the role of a user that has issue or open a support ticket as suggested by Frank so somebody can check directly your installation.

Best Regards,
Ruggero
---------------------------------------------
When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads with a LIKE if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads with LIKEs if you feel additional info is useful to others.

Best Regards,
Ruggero
When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads with a LIKE if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads with LIKEs if you feel additional info is useful to others.
kdmarkee221
Contributor III
Contributor III

I feel your pain, I am also running into this exact scenario, and out of the blue.  My users have been running On Demand just fine and then all of the sudden they cannot, but I still an.  I have NP Admin rights, my users have an NP role  with "Create" enabled under On Demand and "Preview" and "Download" for NewsStand.  The only thing my IT admin told me is that he recently changed our users from @oldname.com to @newname.com in Active Directory but the email addresses and domain names are the same which is used by NP.  Did you ever find an answer to this?  

Ruggero_Piccoli
Support
Support

Hi,

This is a very old conversation, so I suggest you to open a new one for new issues.

The emails of users are the unique ID of each user. You cannot change the email of a user, you have to create another (at the moment latest version is February 2020 and things will change in the future. April 2020 has To, CC and BCC as visible in the preview here https://community.qlik.com/t5/Qlik-NPrinting-April-2020-Technical-Preview/bd-p/qlik-nprinting-april-...) . 

The Windows domain user associated with a Qlik NPrinting user can be changed manually or by importing users.

Best Regards,

Ruggero

Best Regards,
Ruggero