Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
imrasyed
Partner - Creator II
Partner - Creator II

On Demand Report Send as attachment

Hi Experts,

I have a requirement of on demand Reporting plus sending the same generated report to Users Email?

I am using on demand Qlik Extension and able to generate the report by connecting to Nprinting but I also want it to be send as email attachment.

Is it possible to achieve if yes please briefly explain how i can achieve?

Thanks

Syed

Labels (2)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Hi,

this is not possible.

regards

Lech

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.

View solution in original post

6 Replies
Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Hi,

this is not possible.

regards

Lech

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.
imrasyed
Partner - Creator II
Partner - Creator II
Author

Thanks Lech.

Is there any alternative or other option where the filtered report can be emailed to user?

Truly  appreciate your help.

Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

hi,

i don't really see a benefit of having such functionality in OnDemand NPrinting reports. They meant to be for on demand queries of particular user, more on an ad hoc basis. 

Lets think about this for a moment. When you trigger On Demand report you get to pass filters/selections to Qlik and get a results in form of report based on template. Then you want this report to be sent to "some"users, is that right?

Question: Which users? Where those users would come from? Are they entered manually or from the list, What is the email content, subject etc... Where all the above is configured? Would you expect it to be preconfigured or would you expect to enter it somewhere manually. Did you wanted all of this to be part of OnDemand process/OnDemand extension?

On demand meant to be ad hoc generation process and I think that sending email would be much easier if you just paste the report into email client and send it to whoever needs to receive it.

Or

Maybe you want nicely formatted email (maybe with embedded content) always sent to the same group of people with the same subject (maybe with some variable subject/content based on some criteria), always with the same attachments and the only thing you want to update are filters? Wouldn't be easier then to create/change a filter in NPrinitng instead of using OnDemand button? 

I would like to understand the process and the workflow you would follow and why are you seeking for such solution. Knowing that i may be able to suggest other/different solution (maybe you can use APi for this purpose and write some extension which would do just that?)

regards

Lech

imrasyed
Partner - Creator II
Partner - Creator II
Author

Actually we have different projects under different  PODs(Leaders).

So the POD Leaders can actually select the desired filter in Qliksense App and generate the report.

And the Nprinting report template will be the same but just the data changes based on their selection and the same report can be emailed instead of manually sending an Email.

or

Is there a way to trigger a task(email destination) with these selected filters using some APIs?

Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

API isnot really suit for that. See API reference to see what is possible:  https://help.qlik.com/en-US/nprinting/November2019/APIs/NP+API/index.html

Lets assume I am POD_1. I go to Qlik Sense and select filters: Year=2020, Country=Australia and i run report. If I would like to run task with those filters i would have to make sure that people working with POD_1 would receive it. In other words each POD would have to have their own task with recipients pre-configured.

If that would be the case what is the point of using OnDemand. I would just create a role in Admin console allowing PODs to go and change filters used in their respective tasks and allowing them to trigger reports from NPrinting console. Not sure if it would be worth the efforts

imrasyed
Partner - Creator II
Partner - Creator II
Author

Thanks Lech,

I wasn't thinking of all the PODs as it was requested by only one POD but yes your point makes sense.

I have just show cased them the On-Demand reporting and the option of downloading it and they were very much  convinced with the downloaded report.

Thanks for all your help.