Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
lanlizgu
Creator III
Creator III

On-Demand reporting extension connection issue with NPrinting

Hi,

I'm trying to connect Qlik Sense with NPrinting through the on-demand reporting extension without success.

I follow the steps of the following video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mZ0AdBd91tA

and I get the following error when trying to connect with the NPrinting server.

Captura3.JPG

Do you know what is happening?

Thank you.

6 Replies
Ruggero_Piccoli
Support
Support

Hi,

1. Exit from the Qlik Sense editing mode and enter again
  2. Be sure that you have at least one report with On-Demand option enabled
  3. Be sure that the user you are using to login has the rights to use On-Demand reports in Qlik NPrinting

Best Regards,
    Ruggero
    ---------------------------------------------
    When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads with a LIKE if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads with LIKEs if you feel additional info is useful to others.

Best Regards,
Ruggero
When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads with a LIKE if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads with LIKEs if you feel additional info is useful to others.
lanlizgu
Creator III
Creator III
Author

Hi Ruggero,

How can I know what is the user I am using to login? Do you  mean the Qlik user or the computer user? With computer user it still not working, and with the Qlik user, I can't create this user in NPrinting as it doesn't have any domain.

JonnyPoole
Employee
Employee

It won't work.  On-Demand MUST use NPrinting windows authentication  and each user must be pre-registered in nprinting as user with a completed 'domain account'.  The on-demand extension uses the login/ntlm API endpoint to authenticate to NPrinting in order to select a report to run ... and that endpoint is windows auth only.

lanlizgu
Creator III
Creator III
Author

and how can I make it to work?

lanlizgu
Creator III
Creator III
Author

As far as I know I am already using windows authentication with the domain users...

Ruggero_Piccoli
Support
Support

Hi,

The domain user must be present in Qlik NPrinting and have the rights to run On-Demand reports. So create a Qlik NPrinting user, connect to the related domain user and give him a role with the On-Demand rights.

Best Regards,
Ruggero

Best Regards,
Ruggero