Defect acknowledgement with Nprinting Engine May 2022 SR2, please READ HERE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
patriciabb
Partner - Contributor III

On Demand storing reports in repository folder?

Hi folks,

I was wondering if there is a way to store automatically any generated report from On Demand requests to a folder in the server.

Also I'd like to know if there is a way to print the name from the person logged in access point to a variable within the report (eg. "Report generated by 'UserName') from LDAP connection.

Thank you for your help.

Labels (2)
3 Replies
Ruggero_Piccoli
Support
Support

Hi,

No, On-Demand cannot store generated reports into folders automatically. You can create a task that delivers reports to a folder destination and run it by using Qlik NPrinting APIs https://help.qlik.com/en-US/nprinting/November2019/APIs/NP+API/index.html?page=49

Best Regards,

Ruggero

Best Regards,
Ruggero
---------------------------------------------
When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads with a LIKE if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads with LIKEs if you feel additional info is useful to others.
Ruggero_Piccoli
Support
Support

Hi,

About the second question, print the name of the user that requested the report via On-Demand, you can:

1. create a variable that will contain the user name (every fixed string that you want) in the source QlikView document or Qlik Sense app
  2. refresh the connection cache
  3. create a filter that set the variable value to the user name for each user and apply it to the user
  4. add the variable in the template

When the user runs the report via On-Demand its filters will be applied so also the value of the variable will be set and it will appear on the generated report.

Best Regards,

Ruggero

Best Regards,
Ruggero
---------------------------------------------
When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads with a LIKE if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads with LIKEs if you feel additional info is useful to others.
patriciabb
Author

Hi Ruggero, Thanks for you answers.

I'm using an LDAP connection so users will be different everytime the customer changes the group, I cannout use this as a filter, it won't be automated or viable in time. Do you think there is a workaround for this?

As per the first question, I'm afraid we are not using the API, but thanks for your answer anyway.

Cheers