Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
danielgargiulo
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator

On Demand - unable to connect to server

@Frank_S  see below for the question in a new thread

Issue: When we put selections in the Qlik App and no filters in NPrinting then we get the error (see images below). Note: When we have filters set up in NPrinting on the report and User and NO selections are made in the Qlik App then it runs fine

Qlik Sense Enterprise: Nov 2018 - Secure Site

Qlik nPrinting: April 2019 - Unsecured Site

Any thoughts are appreciated.

NPrinting Pop Up ErrorNPrinting Pop Up ErrorDev Tools Error MessageDev Tools Error Message

Labels (2)
24 Replies
danielgargiulo
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator
Author

We (our team and Qlik) have found the cause of the issue: The On-Demand Extension, when a selection is made,  appears to have an upper limit on the number of distinct values from an originating field (10,000).  Qlik can see a similar case and bug which was reported earlier this month, and the R&D team have since made changes to the extension to resolve this upper limit issue. This is expected to be fixed in the next June 2019 release of Qlik Sense Enterprise.  

anindya_manna
Partner - Creator II
Partner - Creator II

Other than upgrading June Qlik 2019 no other solution is there?

danielgargiulo
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator
Author

you are able to take the On demand Extension from June 2019 and import this into an earlier version of Qlik (it will depend on how early). Please note this may then be an unsupported configuration so please check with your Partner Provider first.
MChapp
Contributor
Contributor

I'm having the Unable to connect to server as well.   I'm using a Qlik Sense app connected to Salesforce with a Bulk API and my app does not include a pivot table.    I'm using the April 2019 version of NPrinting.   My Qlik Sense app only has one filter object, Account.Name, and if I do not select a value before clicking the on-demand button,  my NPrinting report produces. 

clipboard_image_0.png

But if i select my test account and then click the on-demand button, I get the Unable to connect to server error. 

clipboard_image_1.png

danielgargiulo
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator
Author

Hi, do you have the field you are making a selection on included in your nPrinting report?

Frank_S
Support
Support

Hi @MChapp 

Your issue sounds similar to the issue with 10,000 plus filters. This issue has actually been resolved in the June 2019 release of Qlik Sense as describe in the following article:

https://support.qlik.com/articles/000081362

If you have the same number of filter/selection values in your data, this could be the same issue that your are experiencing.

I suggest that if possible, that you upgrade Qlik Sense in order to update the NPrinting On Demand custom objects used in your QS apps.

Kind regards...

Please remember hit the 'Like' button and for helpful answers and resolutions, click on the 'Accept As Solution' button. Cheers!
MChapp
Contributor
Contributor

Is the 10,000 values a count of all values in the database or is it a count of values that are exported to NPrinting after the filter value has been selected
Frank_S
Support
Support

If the dimension has 10 K plus values in the database itself.

Hope this helps to clarify...

Please remember hit the 'Like' button and for helpful answers and resolutions, click on the 'Accept As Solution' button. Cheers!
MChapp
Contributor
Contributor

yes, Account.Name, which is my filter,  is an object on my NPrinting Report.   

clipboard_image_1.png

I do not have a NPrinting filter set on this report.  

MChapp
Contributor
Contributor

Your response does clear things up.  I have 68,438 unique values in my Account.Name filter object.