On demand Issue

My server Details

IE  is 10.0.3

Qv desktop 11.20 SR2 64 Bit

Firewall is off

port 9001 & 9000 is open

SSL is enabled

port used for Qlikview  443

When I created On demand ,its works fine with local host setting on my server means able to download and send report. PFA of snapshot of all setting

but when I opened the same Qvw on server ,it won't display any content

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
vishsaggi
Champion III
Champion III

Hi Shweta,

I have not changed anything in the QMC settings. As not every dashboard uses On-Demand (at my side), I have used button object and gave this URL and pointed the users accordingly. I mean

1. I created a separate sheet in my .qvw and added respective On-Demand extension buttons.

2. I created a Button ojbect saying if you cannot see the report buttons please click here. In this button object properties     i have copied this URL in ACTION as Open URL.

So hope this makes clear for you. Please let me know if any further issues.

Thanks,
V.

View solution in original post

19 Replies
vishsaggi
Champion III
Champion III

Hello Shweta,

Did you try giving actual Server name rather than the IP in the Hostname?? Just a thought.

Hope the Nprinting server is running on the same server. For me I use the servername and HTTP port as same: 9001.

I works perfectly fine with these settings.

V.

Not applicable
Author

Yes I tried with server name and ip address both. but it won't be able to open a dashboard saved with web view mode please check the attachment for the same

vishsaggi
Champion III
Champion III

Hello Shweta,

If i understood your reply. You should save the .qvw document with Web view mode deactivated. Because Nprinting does not get control of the functionalities well. When you give settings for those on demand buttons just come out of web view mode save the documents and deploy it on the server. Just try this, cos the files you have sent looks fairly ok to me.

Below is the information not to save the qlikview document when web view mode is activated.

How to Use NPrinting On Demand Extensions in QlikView Documents

This QlikView document can be accessed locally with a QlikView Desktop or from your QlikView Server Access Point (if you have access to one). However, it is not necessary to have a QlikView server Access Point in order to develop or view NPrinting On-Demand objects. This can be achieved in the QV desktop directly.

Furthermore, you may create (or copy the original QVW) two separate QlikView QVWs to illustrates a useful feature of NPrinting On-Demand. For example, you can have a separate .qvw that contain business data and charts for analysis (the original QVW). The second qvw, (can be a copy of the original) which contains specific charts and data specifically required for your On Demand report. You can, of course, develop your solution using a single integrated .qvw if you prefer. It is a good idea to have a primary QVW to support day to day analysis and a separate QVW for On Demand reports.

Attention: remember to save QlikView documents used as NPrinting connections with WebView mode deactivated. NPrinting cannot open QlikView documents with WebView mode activated because it doesn't have full control of QlikView functionalities.

Please try and let us know if it still does not run. For on-demand IE plugin doesn't support. You have to use ajax plugin. Hope you know about it.

Thanks,
V.

Not applicable
Author

Dear Vishaggi,

When I save the Qvw with web view deactivated & open the application in access point ,I am not able see Nprinting objects.

PFA  for the same

What are the setting required to open a QVW with ajax plugin instead of IE

vishsaggi
Champion III
Champion III

In the IE address bar you have a long url where if you go to

$client = plugin is what you can see just change that plugin to Ajax and try.

Let me know if it works.

Thanks,
V.

vishsaggi
Champion III
Champion III

Hello Shweta,

In the URL where you can see the word Plugin replace that with Ajax like below:

https://ingur1apap08.ap.adsint.biz/QvAJAXZfc/AccessPoint.aspx?open=&id=QVS%40ingur1apap08%7Csale.qvw...

Please try and let me know.

V.

Not applicable
Author

Hi Vishaggi,

Thanku so much it works fine.

Can you tell me do we have to change the url in QMC setting as well so that it automatically open with ajax extension  whenever I hit a particular application

vishsaggi
Champion III
Champion III

Hi Shweta,

I have not changed anything in the QMC settings. As not every dashboard uses On-Demand (at my side), I have used button object and gave this URL and pointed the users accordingly. I mean

1. I created a separate sheet in my .qvw and added respective On-Demand extension buttons.

2. I created a Button ojbect saying if you cannot see the report buttons please click here. In this button object properties     i have copied this URL in ACTION as Open URL.

So hope this makes clear for you. Please let me know if any further issues.

Thanks,
V.