Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
brenests77
Contributor II
Contributor II

On demand reports using IE Plugin

Hello everyone,

I have installed Qlik NPrinting September 2018 SR2 and I'm generating reports using On demand in Qlikview Access Point using the AJAX Layout by defualt. 

But now I need to generate those On Demand reports using the IE-plugin on the Acces Point. 

Is that possible? How can I do that?

Labels (1)
3 Replies
Frank_S
Support
Support

Hi @brenests77 

Unfortunately, there is no plan to provide support the IE plugin with On Demand components for NPrinting at this time.

Note that Microsoft is moving to end support of the IE browser entirely. For more information see https://support.microsoft.com/en-ca/help/17454/lifecycle-faq-internet-explorer.

Although we still support the IE browser as shown below, there is no long term plan to introduce support for the IE plugin with the On-Demand components for NPrinting. 

https://help.qlik.com/en-US/nprinting/June2019/Content/NPrinting/DeployingQVNprinting/np-supported-b...

The ajax components which you are utilizing today (available from the Qlik Downloads site) can be accessed from any supported browser. This, in turn, provides greater flexibility for use of several different browsers today (including IE) and down the road.

I trust this provides the needed information you are looking for.

Kind regards...

Please remember hit the 'Like' button and for helpful answers and resolutions, click on the 'Accept As Solution' button. Cheers!
brenests77
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Hi @Frank_S, thanks for answer.

If we use AJAX client some graphics and tables does not show accurate information, compared to IE-plugin. Due to that, the reports generated on demand through the AJAX client show incorrect information.

Here is an example:

• Qlikview Desktop

IE-Plugin.PNG

• Qliview Access Point (IE-Plugin)

Qlikview_Desktop.PNG

• Qlikview Access Point (AJAX Client)

AJAX_client.PNG

Kind regards.

Frank_S
Support
Support

Hi @brenests77 

Gotcha. That is quite a difference. I personally have not seen this much of a discrepancy between the two views.

Please send in a Qlik Support request or contact your Qlik Support partner so that we can have a closer look at the issue on your system directly. 

The differences that you are reporting would have to be investigated by the QlikView access point developers potentially in order to determine why the differences are so great. There should be no difference in the appearance of the access point chart information when viewed from the QlikView desktop, IE Plugin enabled access point and the Ajax enabled access point layout.

(I am also including an article about the differences between the Ajax and IE plugin enabled access point as well for your convenience: https://support.qlik.com/articles/000024301 )

Once those differences are investigated and resolved, this should also resolve the NPrinting reporting issues associated with report generated from the ajax enable access point view.

Thank you for sharing this and hopefully we can get a closer look with your help as soon as possible.

Please remember hit the 'Like' button and for helpful answers and resolutions, click on the 'Accept As Solution' button. Cheers!