Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sagarpawar
Contributor III
Contributor III

OnDemand Nprinting Report

HI,

Can someone help me out with below issue.

We are exporting report into excel using 'OnDemand' (NPrinting) request.

We are able to export report when there are more than 1 records but if there is only one record in Table and if we try to export in excel then its showing "Syntax Error: Invalid Character" error.

Thanks,

Sagar

SGP
2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
Frank_S
Support
Support

I agree with Ruggero.

There is QlikView NPrinting 16 with is 32 bit Client / Server model, single threaded, non web based

There is Qlik NPrinting 17/18 and higher this 64 bit Web based model, multithreaded

It sounds to me like you have a very old version of NPrinting possibly NP 16 or even lower versions.

I suggest you:

1. Check that there are actually no unsupported/invalid chars in your network/local paths or report names etc.

2. Upgrade to the latest version of QlikView NP 16 if you that is the version you are using. Versions of Vizubi NP 15 and lower are not supported. There are actually some bug fixes which exist in NP 16.9 that address this error message that you reported.

Also, you must ensure that the QlikView desktop is the same version ans the QlikView server.

Please remember hit the 'Like' button and for helpful answers and resolutions, click on the 'Accept As Solution' button. Cheers!

View solution in original post

Ruggero_Piccoli
Support
Support

Hi,

First of all upgrade your very old Qlik NPrinting 16.1 to latest 16 series version to take advantage of all solved bugs. Then try again. If the issue is still present check the data that generates the error and be sure that there are not strange characters.

Best Regards,
Ruggero
---------------------------------------------
When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads as HELPFUL if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads as HELPFUL if you feel additional info is useful to others.

Best Regards,
Ruggero
When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads with a LIKE if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads with LIKEs if you feel additional info is useful to others.

View solution in original post

7 Replies
Ruggero_Piccoli
Support
Support

Hi,

There are too few details on your question. First of all you did not specify the version of Qlik NPrinting you are using. Then it is necessary to see the complete log files, the template, the filters, the Excel report that generates the error etc. Without those information I'm not able to give you any suggestion. 

Best Regards,
Ruggero
When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads as HELPFUL if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads as HELPFUL if you feel additional info is useful to others.

Best Regards,
Ruggero
When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads with a LIKE if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads with LIKEs if you feel additional info is useful to others.
Frank_S
Support
Support

I agree with Ruggero.

There is QlikView NPrinting 16 with is 32 bit Client / Server model, single threaded, non web based

There is Qlik NPrinting 17/18 and higher this 64 bit Web based model, multithreaded

It sounds to me like you have a very old version of NPrinting possibly NP 16 or even lower versions.

I suggest you:

1. Check that there are actually no unsupported/invalid chars in your network/local paths or report names etc.

2. Upgrade to the latest version of QlikView NP 16 if you that is the version you are using. Versions of Vizubi NP 15 and lower are not supported. There are actually some bug fixes which exist in NP 16.9 that address this error message that you reported.

Also, you must ensure that the QlikView desktop is the same version ans the QlikView server.

Please remember hit the 'Like' button and for helpful answers and resolutions, click on the 'Accept As Solution' button. Cheers!
sagarpawar
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Hi All,

Thanks you for suggestion.

PFB: details that you required.

NPrinting Version : 16.1.0.0 (64 Bit)

QlikView Version : 11.20 SR10(64 Bit)

Error While I'm trying to generate report for single record even after one filter selected(Attachment).

Thanks,

Sagar

SGP
sagarpawar
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

HI,

Thanks for suggestion.
Just one question on your 1st suggestion.

If there is any invalid/unsupported chars in network/local path then it should not work for more than one records.

Right?

Thanks,
Sagar
SGP
Ruggero_Piccoli
Support
Support

Hi,

First of all upgrade your very old Qlik NPrinting 16.1 to latest 16 series version to take advantage of all solved bugs. Then try again. If the issue is still present check the data that generates the error and be sure that there are not strange characters.

Best Regards,
Ruggero

Best Regards,
Ruggero
sagarpawar
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

HI Ruggero,
It's happening for every single row records, We checked for different filters, even though its same.

I think its an version issue.

Thanks,
Sagar
SGP
Frank_S
Support
Support

Also,

You MUST remember to upgrade the on demand components as well.