Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tino
Contributor III
Contributor III

OnDemand Report - Different Results between XLS and XLSX

Hi Qlik Community,

a user reported a very strange behaviour. When he is generating an On-Demand Report he gets different results, depending if he selects XLS or XLSX as output format.

The amount of data can be excluded as reason as the amount is much below the treshold of data supported within the old XLS format.

Qlik NPrinting version is November 2020 (20.39.3.0
QlikView version is April 2020 SR2 (12.50.20200.0

I did already some internet research but did not found any helpful information.

Did somebody of you notice a similar behaviour or do you have any idea what the reason could be?

Thanks in advance!
Tino

Labels (2)
3 Replies
Ruggero_Piccoli
Support
Support

Hi,

What do you mean with "very strange behaviour" and with "different results"?

Can you add more details to let us to understand the issue? Can you post some screenshots of the two cases? Did you tried to run previews of the same report in the two formats in the Designer and/or distribute them by using a publish task and without On-Demand?

Best Regards,

Ruggero

Best Regards,
Ruggero
---------------------------------------------
When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads with a LIKE if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads with LIKEs if you feel additional info is useful to others.
Tino
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Hi Rugero,

Thanks for you reply. Unfortunately I´m not able to upload some samples because it contain sensitive data. The behaviour is that the XLS report has less data, than the XLSX report.

The reports generates a straight table with several measures. When the user triggers the on demand report with XLS as output format, plenty of records are missing. The user did also some tests and noticed that the same report contains all data when XLSX is used as outpout format.

The calculation of the measures are in both cases ok, but the XLS has less data records.

XLXS: 562 rows, 46 columns
XLS: 139 rows, 46 columns

For sure the behaviour could be avoided by using exclusively XLSX as output format instead of XLS, but this is not realy a solution as we can´t ensure, that users are selecting XLSX only.

Regarding the question if it behaves the same when running the preview in the Designer. I will forward this question to the developer of the dashboard, as I´m not the developer and are also not realy able to test it due to section access restrictions.

Is it now a bit more clear what the behaviour is or do you need further information?

Thanks again!

Best regards
Tino

Ruggero_Piccoli
Support
Support

Hi,

There are not reasons why the output data are different only by changing the output format. I think they have different filters selected during the two tests. Section access is supported https://help.qlik.com/en-US/nprinting/February2021/Content/NPrinting/On-Demand/Create-Report-On-Dema...

In any case if the problem persist I suggest to ask to the customer to open a support ticket with all information we need to reproduce it. If you cannot test directly I think it will be very hard to understand what is happening.

Best Regards,

Ruggero

Best Regards,
Ruggero
---------------------------------------------
When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads with a LIKE if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads with LIKEs if you feel additional info is useful to others.