Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
PoojaPrasad
Creator II
Creator II

OnDemand Reporting taking too long to generate the Nprinting Report

Dear Experts,

We have recently upgraded our environment to September 2019 release. And after that I have started facing new issues withe the report. At first, the report was giving request failed issue and report was not generated so I created a new connection for the same app and imported the same report with the new connection. It worked fine.

I made some changes on the app, reloaded the metadata on Nprinting connection and trying to generate the report again using on demand reporting. Now, the report is  being generated from past 2 days. I tried creating a new connection again and reporting the report but this report also shows in running state from past 6 hours. Earlier the same selection and records were getting generated within 5 mins.

Is anyone else facing the similar issue? Any suggestion on how to fix this is appreciated.

Thank you,

Labels (2)
8 Replies
Ruggero_Piccoli
Support
Support

Hi,

All new Qlik NPrinting versions are tested before releasing to be sure that performances are better than previous versions. So a so big difference in report generation time is surprising. 

We don't have enough information to evaluate what could be the cause. What kind of report is it, has it levels, filters, cycles etc.

Did you checked the log files? Did you enabled the debug log files? If yes are there specific error messages? Did you check the Task Executions page?

In any case I think it is something too complex to be investigated via community, so I suggest to open a support ticket to investigate with a person from the support team directly on your installation. When done, please, share the solution with the community.

Best Regards,

Ruggero

Best Regards,
Ruggero
---------------------------------------------
When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads with a LIKE if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads with LIKEs if you feel additional info is useful to others.
PoojaPrasad
Creator II
Creator II
Author

Hi @Ruggero_Piccoli ,

Thank you for responding. The report is Pixel Perfect Report having levels and sub-levels.  The filter is enabled on Qlik App but not on Nprinting server.

I have not checked the log files. Can you kindly provide me the link how to enable the debug log files so that I can check it right away. Where is Task execution page? I see only Publish task and Import task on Nprinting server.

I will reach out to support team and post the update.

Thank you,

Ruggero_Piccoli
Support
Support

Hi,

About enabling the debug mode for logging refer to https://help.qlik.com/en-US/nprinting/September2019/Content/NPrinting/AdministeringQVNprinting/Loggi...

Start by checking the normal log files that are explained in the same help site page.

About task executions refer to https://help.qlik.com/en-US/nprinting/September2019/Content/NPrinting/AdministeringQVNprinting/Monit...

Best Regards,

Ruggero

Best Regards,
Ruggero
When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads with a LIKE if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads with LIKEs if you feel additional info is useful to others.
PoojaPrasad
Creator II
Creator II
Author

Hi @Ruggero_Piccoli 

I see following error in nprinting_engine_cef.log:

20191114T131805.846-06:00 [59] ERROR Engine.Navigator.QlikSense.SDK.Rendering.MashupGrpcServerUpdated - Engine.Navigator.QlikSense.SDK 19.29.3.0 Engine.Navigator.QlikSense.SDK.Rendering.MashupGrpcServerUpdated 20191114T131805.846-06:00 ERROR RCHQLVPT1 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 Details error 450b0587-3cdd-4286-a8ab-ef12f586dc2b. ERROR: System.AggregateException: One or more errors occurred. ---> System.Exception: request with id c865e5c60b2a44d4acda57e703fa8fac failed with remote error ErrorGenericResult, task CEF_ON_JS_ERROR_MESSAGE_RECEIVED, result: ERROR_JS_FAILURE_RESULT, a JavaScript call failed, Socket closed↓stack:↓, last js call: qlikPrintingService.render("06c7954d-8311-4a1a-9414-0745a8d1f984","np17-a242193d-a6a7-4809-8dc5-e7e74e3f668b","object","SJTpDt")↓↓ --- End of inner exception stack trace ---↓↓ at System.Threading.Tasks.Task.ThrowIfExceptional(Boolean includeTaskCanceledExceptions)↓↓ at System.Threading.Tasks.Task.Wait(Int32 millisecondsTimeout, CancellationToken cancellationToken)↓↓ at System.Threading.Tasks.Task.Wait(CancellationToken cancellationToken)↓↓ at Engine.Navigator.QlikSense.SDK.Rendering.MashupGrpcServerUpdated.Render(RenderParams renderParams)↓↓---> (Inner Exception #0) System.Exception: request with id c865e5c60b2a44d4acda57e703fa8fac failed with remote error ErrorGenericResult, task CEF_ON_JS_ERROR_MESSAGE_RECEIVED, result: ERROR_JS_FAILURE_RESULT, a JavaScript call failed, Socket closed↓stack:↓, last js call: qlikPrintingService.render("06c7954d-8311-4a1a-9414-0745a8d1f984","np17-a242193d-a6a7-4809-8dc5-e7e74e3f668b","object","SJTpDt")<---

I made changes in data load editor and added new filters on published Qlik app, created a new connection and exported same report linked with new connection and after that I see this. Any idea on this error? Will it be because the app is already published? 

Best Regards,

Ruggero_Piccoli
Support
Support

Hi,

I think the cause is the new filter that is creating somthing incompatible. Did you activated the "Always one selected" option? If yes remove it.

Best Regards,

Ruggero

Best Regards,
Ruggero
PoojaPrasad
Creator II
Creator II
Author

Hi @Ruggero_Piccoli ,

I dont think I activated "Always one selected" option. Can you help me check where is  "Always one selected" option?

Meanwhile, we restarted Nprinting and Qlik server. I then created a new Nprinting connection to the same app, created a new app with adding only 1-2 objects. What I see is that my previous running file got generated on on-demand reporting button. I tried generating one more time to check if everything is running fine, it shows "unable to connect to server" issue on on-demand reporting.

I am asking the support team to help us resolve the issue. Just in case you have any idea, kindly keep us posted so that I can check it.

Thank you again for helping us resolve the issue. Appreciate it. 🙂

PoojaPrasad
Creator II
Creator II
Author

Hello,

The support team's analysis says that if the app, with the filters applied contains more than 10,000 rows of data then in the below article it says that is the only time this message "Unable to connect to server" should display.

https://support.qlik.com/articles/000081362

The problem is that the article says the issue is solved in June 2019 and Sept 2019 is obviously a version after that. But, looks like even Sept 2019 release has this issue and might get resolved in Nov 2019 Qlik Sense release. Right now to move ahead in my project, I have reduced the amount of data just to get the report generation working. But we will definitely need a solution to support >10k rows data on Nprintinmg report generation process.

Ruggero_Piccoli
Support
Support

Hi,

Thanks for the support ticket. If the issue persists that ticket will be sent to the R&D team for further investigation.

Best Regards,

Ruggero

Best Regards,
Ruggero