Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
qlikuser22
Creator II
Creator II

PPT Preview fails to load few charts

Hi

I have created a report using Qliksense Nprinintg. The final output is in PPTx format. I have 5 slides where each slide is a sheet view and  has an object filters applied. When I generate the report, in the PPT few charts are missing, it is not fully loaded.  

For example: I have 2 barcharts and 3 line charts in one slide. The report in PPT format has only 1 barchart. The other places are blank in PPT.

I also added one more slide sample which has 4 missing charts. 

How to fix this. Please help. 

Abirami22_0-1618306686028.png

Labels (2)
18 Replies
Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

My assumption will be that objects you are using are not supported in Nprinting (some sort of extensions) or your expressions are not optimal and take too much time to calculate!

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.
qlikuser22
Creator II
Creator II
Author

Yes. I assume that my expressions are taking time to calculate. But I want to use such expression to filter, please suggest some option to overcome this. I want the PPT to be generated with all figures and charts. 

Ruggero_Piccoli
Support
Support

Hi,

Try to remove the object filter on the Qlik NPrinting entities that have the issue and run a preview. If without the filter you see the charts it means that the issue is on filters (reports and objects filters are applied when running a preview in the Designer).

Best Regards,

Ruggero 

Best Regards,
Ruggero
---------------------------------------------
When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads with a LIKE if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads with LIKEs if you feel additional info is useful to others.
qlikuser22
Creator II
Creator II
Author

Hi Ruggero,

Thanks for the reply. I tried to remove the filter and I run the PPT again, still few charts are not getting loaded. Any help please ?

Ruggero_Piccoli
Support
Support

Hi,

It is very hard to understand where the problem is. Be sure that you are not using unsupported objects or features as listed in https://help.qlik.com/en-US/nprinting/February2021/Content/NPrinting/ReportsDevelopment/Qlik-objects.... Be sure that filters are not creating empty data sets, you can apply them to the original Qlik Sense app. 

Instead of adding the whole Qlik Sense sheet try to drag and drop into the template the charts with issues as single objects, apply the object filter to them and check the results.

Best Regards,

Ruggero

Best Regards,
Ruggero
When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads with a LIKE if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads with LIKEs if you feel additional info is useful to others.
qlikuser22
Creator II
Creator II
Author

Hi Ruggero

I tried by dragging and dropping the charts, still the issue is not resolved. I have set the trigger for automatically receiving the report at the start of every month. But in the final PPT report which I receive in the mail has some missing charts because it's taking time to calculate. Any  help to fix this? Can anything been done from the Nprinting version side by providing any update? Do help. Thanks.

Ruggero_Piccoli
Support
Support

Hi,

At this point I suggest you to open a support ticket and include everything we need to reproduce the issue (the Qlik Sense app, the Qlik NPrinting template, a link to this conversation and the steps).

Note that calculate dimensions are not supported https://help.qlik.com/en-US/nprinting/February2021/Content/NPrinting/ReportsDevelopment/Qlik-objects... in case they are the reason why you spoke about calculation time.

Best Regards,

Ruggero

Best Regards,
Ruggero
qlikuser22
Creator II
Creator II
Author

ok I need a small clarification. I have a ppt being created using Nprinintg. I have created filters for 3 slide. 

Example: SLIDE 1:  Filter 1 with three 3 fields (like year month and amount) 

SLIDE 2: FIlter 2 with 2 fields. 

SLIDE 3: Filter 3 with 2 fields.

I have added  an object using IMAGE with Sheet Id.  For the Slide 1 with the Sheet itself being added, I applied Filter 1 (which has 3 fields). I used this filter as object filter in the properties pane. 

Does this cause an issue while loading the final PPT output since the Filter has advanced search expression??? 

Ruggero_Piccoli
Support
Support

Hi,

That should work in Qlik NPrinting. Did you applied the same filter with advanced search directly in the source Qlik Sense app? How do you see the sheet objects in Qlik Sense with the filter?

Best Regards,

Ruggero

Best Regards,
Ruggero