Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
qlikuser22
Creator II
Creator II

PPT Preview fails to load few charts

Hi

I have created a report using Qliksense Nprinintg. The final output is in PPTx format. I have 5 slides where each slide is a sheet view and  has an object filters applied. When I generate the report, in the PPT few charts are missing, it is not fully loaded.  

For example: I have 2 barcharts and 3 line charts in one slide. The report in PPT format has only 1 barchart. The other places are blank in PPT.

I also added one more slide sample which has 4 missing charts. 

How to fix this. Please help. 

Abirami22_0-1618306686028.png

Labels (2)
18 Replies
qlikuser22
Creator II
Creator II
Author

Yes. I have tried doing that in Qliksense app. The filter with advanced search works perfectly fine. But only with Nprinting , I face this issue when I receive the PPTx report in mail. 

qlikuser22
Creator II
Creator II
Author

HI Ruggero,

Yes I applied the same filter with qliksense app it is working well.

I add the sheet itself in Nprinitng designer by using Imaage -> Add Objects -> S\ (SheetID).

I have created a filter with 3 fields for slide 1. 

Now I add the same sheet again  in Nprinitng designer by using Imaage -> Add Objects -> S\ (SheetID).

Here, Again I have created a filter with 2 fields for slide 2. 

I use the filters in the properties pane to add the filter which I created before. 

This is my work. DO help.

Ruggero_Piccoli
Support
Support

Hi,

If you are 100% sure that you are using only supported objects (as per lists in the official documentation) and you checked the filters and you are also sure that there are not generating empty dataset I can only suggest you to open a support ticket with all details we need to be able to reproduce the issue to investigate it. 

Are you using charts with suggestions enabled?

Best Regards,

Ruggero

Best Regards,
Ruggero
---------------------------------------------
When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads with a LIKE if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads with LIKEs if you feel additional info is useful to others.
qlikuser22
Creator II
Creator II
Author

Hi. 

I am using container objects which has 3 views (3 bar charts) in the qliksense app. 

Ruggero_Piccoli
Support
Support

Hi,

I think you are experiencing the following Know Limitation (from the Release Notes):

QlikEntities limitation with Qlik Sense entities
Jira issue ID: OP-8921
QlikEntity reports support Qlik Sense objects with the following limitations:
Containers are not supported, but you can use all the objects that are inside containers.
• Qlik Sense sheets can be added to QlikEntity reports and exported as images. The "Extend Sheet"
feature does not work.
• Export in PDF and TIFF is not supported.

So you can add the specific objects that are in the containers.

Best Regards,

Ruggero

Best Regards,
Ruggero
When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads with a LIKE if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads with LIKEs if you feel additional info is useful to others.
qlikuser22
Creator II
Creator II
Author

Hi thanks a lot. 

But I have a container object with three tabs (year, month, amount) How do I find the object Id only for the year tab. 

There is only one object id for the entire container. 

qlikuser22
Creator II
Creator II
Author

Hello

The issue is not solved. 

I can explain the scenario.

I have a qliksense app with 5 sheets. 

I want to automate the report using Nprinintg. My ouput in Nprinting should be PPT or PDF. 

Currently I am using PPT as my output. 

I use Image -> Add objects -> SheetId. 

I am using 4 sheet id, each one slide in ppt. 

The sheet has container objects, bar graphs, line charts and KPIs. 

I create 4 filters each for one slide in PPT. 

example. SLIDE 1 : Filter 1 with three fields (year, rolling 12 months, amount) 

Slide 2 : Filter 2 with three fields (Year, rolling 12 months, country)  and so on.

When I set up a trigger and receive a mail with PPT , few container objects or graphs are not loaded instead it is blank in the PPT. 

Please explain and how to fix this. I can raise a ticket with support if there is an issue with Qlik NPrinting. 

I am using Qlik Nprinting June 2020 SR1 and Qliksense. 

Ruggero_Piccoli
Support
Support

Hi,

As per the documentation I posted in my previous answer the issue seems generated because you are using containers that are not supported in Qlik Sense sheets. You have to:

- use the objects directly in the template, I mean add the specific objects that are in the containers instead of using the whole sheet

- remove the containers and place the objects directly on the Qlik Sense scheets

I suggest you to create a Qlik Sense app specific for reporting so you can modify it in order to avoid unsupported features.

Best Regards,

Ruggero

Best Regards,
Ruggero
qlikuser22
Creator II
Creator II
Author

Ok thanks a lot for your support.