Defect acknowledgement with Nprinting Engine May 2022 SR2, please READ HERE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sravankumarkaturi

PREVIEW REQUEST FAILED WITH MESSAGE

Hi All,

I'm currently using Nprinting 17.2 and qlikview 11.2 sr 13. I have an issue with previewing an report.

I added a chart object (straight table, Ch03) as a table to the report and previewed it and got an error (attached).

I added the same object as image and it works well and can be previewed. but I don't want to show it as a image as it gets limited data as image I need full table.

I tried with PowerPoint/Excel/word and got same result

if I remove the object and try other objects work well and generate preview.

Please help me out about this issue

Thanks in advance - sravan

8 Replies
sravankumarkaturi
Author

Took this to qlik. They have identified such kind of behavior as a BUG and is in R&D phase to fix this.

silvacarlos
Creator II
Creator II

Hi Sravan,

I have the same issue, this was resolved on a new version or something?

Thanks in advance

CS.-

sravankumarkaturi
Author

Hi Carlos,

They have provided a work around for this in my case, one of my columns is an expression which had '=' so they suggested me to remove the '=' and save the qvw and try a report on it ..the preview worked. please do try this if you have the same. in case it is because of something else I have no update on this.

Thanks-sravan

aaron_ppmc
Partner - Contributor III
Partner - Contributor III

hy,

this Problem maybe solved in NP 17.3 - give it a try.

br,

Aaron

Bharat_Ahuja
Contributor II
Contributor II

I got a similar error saying 'The preview request failed with message: unknown' while importing a Sample NPrinting Export from NP 16.5 to NP 17.6

Has anyone encountered this?

Ruggero_Piccoli
Support
Support

Hi,

17.6 or November 2017 is a very old version. Please update to June 2018 and try with it as first step.

Second, the bug

Importing reports from Qlik NPrinting 16 ended with an error

Importing reports from Qlik NPrinting 16 sometimes ended with the error "There are no compatible reports in this exported project." The cause is a new line character in a calculated dimension of a chart that was managed differently in Qlik NPrinting 17+ than in the 16.

is solved in next release September 2018 and it could be your case.

Until the September 2018 will be released you could check if there is a new line char in a calculated dimension of a chart. If yes remove it, save the QlikView document and regenerate the cache.

Best Regards,

Ruggero

---------------------------------------------

When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT https://community.qlik.com/docs/DOC-14806. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads as HELPFUL if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads as HELPFUL if you feel additional info is useful to others.

Best Regards,
Ruggero
When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads with a LIKE if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads with LIKEs if you feel additional info is useful to others.
Bharat_Ahuja
Contributor II
Contributor II

Hi Ruggero,

Thanks for your valuable inputs.

I was told by Qlik that since my dashboard has unsupported objects like OnOpen Triggers and Alternate state, Importing NPrinting 16.5 to NPrinting 17.6 will not work till I clean my dashboard or create a copy without these objects.

Since both the options are not acceptable at this time, I have decided to rollback to the existing 16.5 version and evaluate the latest September 2018 version to see if that won't expect me to recreate all the Jobs or Dashboards.

Ruggero_Piccoli
Support
Support

Hi,

Note that Triggers and Alternate State are not officially supported also in the 16.* and previous versions.

In particular, Qlik NPrinting 16 uses the default alternate state. Also your trigger is working but we cannot warranty that all trigger works.

Best Regards,

Ruggero

When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT https://community.qlik.com/docs/DOC-14806. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads as HELPFUL if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads as HELPFUL if you feel additional info is useful to others.

Best Regards,
Ruggero
When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads with a LIKE if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads with LIKEs if you feel additional info is useful to others.