Defect acknowledgement with Nprinting Engine May 2022 SR2, please READ HERE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Paging a nprinting report using a table object fails

I am trying to page a particular slide in a powerpoint report. I created the table TB01 with Field1 and Field2 in Sense and added that table TB01 as a page to the nprinting powerpoint report slide. Dragged the Field1 and Field2 onto the relevant slide. When the task is run, I run into the following error.  I can see the values populated in that table box in the sense dashboard and I don't see anything wrong in my process as this worked earlier.

Failed report generation for report bb0fbaa4-8b34-4edc-98f6-a401cd8d9a79 user b2e93177-65f3-4787-aaa2-73388708d396 exception System.Exception: An exception was thrown while invoking the constructor 'Void .ctor(Engine.Reporting.Legacy.DataAdapters.IDataParent, System.Collections.Generic.IEnumerable`1[Qlik.Reporting.Reports.Tree.Content.IContentNode], System.Collections.Generic.IEnumerable`1[Qlik.Reporting.Reports.Tree.Template.TemplateNodeSettings], Autofac.ILifetimeScope)' on type 'DataEntity'. ---> Sequence contains no elements (See inner exception for details.)

Warn

December 20, 2017

7:41:00 PM

rpclech_miszkiewiczogster1974fsv‌ Experts any idea ?
7 Replies
ogster1974
Partner - Master II
Partner - Master II

Remember to use fields as your page identifer not the table itself.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Thanks for your reply, Andy.

\Yes. We dragged the fields in the table onto the template. Not the table itself. If that's what you meant.

Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Hi

This looks exactly the same... have a read-->

NPrinting 17 - Sequence contains no elements

regards

Lech

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Thanks for the replies..

turns out that filters were doing a string interpration of a number, entered the numeric filters as numeric values earlier..somewhere i ended up manually editing something and the default filter value in the filters tab when entered is taking as string instead of number(even though selecting the value from the cached values). Weird.

Digvijay_Singh

I need to implement similar functionality. I have few slides being paged using Field1. Now one of these slide needs one more deeper level of paging, say using Field2, and it should generate individual slides for each value of Field2. I tried creating table in Sense App using Field 1 and Field 2. But I don't see that object available in Page node when I try to add page field in Page node.

Please suggest in case I am in wrong direction. Thanks in advance.

Ruggero_Piccoli
Support
Support

Hi,

Did you refreshed the connection cache after creating the table in Sense?

Best Regards,
Ruggero
---------------------------------------------
When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads with a LIKE if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads with LIKEs if you feel additional info is useful to others.

Best Regards,
Ruggero
---------------------------------------------
When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads with a LIKE if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads with LIKEs if you feel additional info is useful to others.
Digvijay_Singh

Yes, still couldn't figure out how it works in Sense for powerpoint template