cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
rajtechnocraft
Contributor III
Contributor III

Pass Dynamic Values in Nprint Report from qliksense Application

I want to pass dynamic values of From date and To date from Qlik sense app to N printing report which is not happening even though i have defined variables in N printing report which point to corresponding date field in Qlik sense app What is the expected result? The From date and To date selected in on demand Qlik sense app should pass values to N printing report and the report available on newsstand should display values based on

Labels (1)
3 Replies
Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Hi Mate,

I have already provided a solution to how it can work, so please search community before posting duplicated topic. In short - you cannot use variables to pass your selections (you need to use fields instead). 

https://community.qlik.com/t5/Qlik-NPrinting-Discussions/Variable-in-on-demand-QV-don-t-change-value...

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.
rajtechnocraft
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Hi Leech

Thanks for your response

I went through all discussions and tried my best to achieve the result but unfortunately no success so far.

Below are the things i tried 

My N Printing version is June 2019

My Qlik sense version is 2019

N print designer is Jun 2019

I have from date and to date numeric fields created in my Qlik sense application i have also created two variables in my Qlik sense application.

I have assigned values to variables by passing the date fields.

I have also created variables in N print reports and assigned them to date field values from qlik sense application.

I tried all possible ways

In N printing filter i used option

1.Evaluate=num(vFromdate)

Evaluate=num(vToDate))

Alternately i tried Evaluate ='num($(vFromDate))'

Evaluate='num($(vToDate))'

Hard coded numeric value this option works

Numeric value 3126

Numeric Value 3300

Can you please help me where i am going wrong.

Regards

Arvind

Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

I replied to the same in other post:

Mate,

I have no idea what you are trying to do. I have seen your post in other thread and i responded to it.

now - to help you more please answer following questions:

...I have from date and to date numeric fields created in my Qlik sense application i have also created two variables in my Qlik sense application. - What do you use it for - how do you want to interact with it in Qlik Sense? 

I have assigned values to varibales by passing the date fields - What do you mean? Can you share script/expression/formulas?

...I have also created varibales in N print reports and assigned them to date field values from qlik sense application. - You cannot create variables in NPrinting - you can only use variables from Qlik Sense/QlikView and show their evaluated in Qlik values (the will not evaluate in NPrinting!!! - expcept from where they are used to build a formulas in for example excel template)

Now what do you do in NPrinting?

you are saying....

In N printing filter i used option

1.Evaluate=num(vFromdate)

Evaluate=num(vToDate))

Alternately i tried Evaluate ='num($(vFromDate))'

Evaluate='num($(vToDate))'

Hard coded numeric value this option works

Numeric value 3126

Numeric Value 3300

So what is the field you are trying to filter?

Why would you use variable to do it especially that you have no control over this variable in NPrinitng except if you apply filter on the field (which you do by applying numbers like 3126,3300...)

I suggest you spend some time writing a well described question with steps, scripts screenshots of what you are trying to do and what would be the expected output. I think your current solution will never work as my gutfeel tells me that you want to filter field by variable value which gets evaluated based on the same field value (kind of circular reference which would not make any sense).

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.