cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sardotania
Partner - Contributor
Partner - Contributor

Percentage subtotals values in an Excel Pivot Report

I've a problem with percentage subtotals values in an Excel Pivot Report created using NPrinting.

In detail I'd like to use a formula to calculate subtotals values of a percentage column but NPrinting uses standard options to calculate and view them, and the calculated field is not contemplated for the totals.

Is there a possibility to solve this problem or is it impossible?

Thanks in advance,

Tania

4 Replies
Not applicable

I have similar problem ... percentage is being treated like a number (which it is) and not calculating as a percentage.  My percentage is a value in data (ie. .097) which rolls up fine in first level of pivot but every other level of the hierarchy it doesn't know what to do.  I hope this is similar to what you experienced.

sardotania
Partner - Contributor
Partner - Contributor
Author

Yes, exactly.

Dalton_Ruer
Support
Support

I'm using NPrinting 17 and when I export the Pivot table it shows the roll up levels fine in terms of the percentage calculation.

As you can guess by the column names I did a simple data set test and provided a Numerator column, Denominator column and then did a calculated column which was Sum(Numerator) / Sum(Denominator). In QlikView I full expanded the pivot table and then used it within NPrinting.

ExcelPivot.jpg

Not applicable

Hi ,

I am facing the same issue " percentage is treated as number " while creating an excel report in Nprinitng. Is there any solution to this.