cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tanviseth26
Contributor
Contributor

Pivot Table from QlikView to NPrinting excel report

We need to represent a pivot table in Qlik NPrinting whereas we are receiving the table as straight table instead. Attached the expected and received result for reference. Could someone please help me to achieve this format in NPrinting Excel Reports?

Options tried:

 Levels in NPrinting option is not working.
 We converted Pivot to Straight table in QlikView and from NPrinting tried to convert it again to Pivot but it doesn’t work.
 Column Merging is also not possible.

Links referred:

https://community.qlik.com/t5/New-to-QlikView/How-to-merge-the-pivot-table-columns-in-NPrinting/td-p...
https://community.qlik.com/t5/Qlik-NPrinting-Documents/How-to-Create-a-Pivot-Table-Report-with-QlikV...

Note: We are not supposed to use any Macros.

Labels (2)
2 Replies
Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Hi,

this seems like quite straight forward requirement so I am not sure why the topics you are listed don't work. 

The approach i would take would be:

1. Create a straight table in QlikVIew:

• Dimensions:
    • Column holding Test1, Test2 etc...values
    • Month
  • Measures
    • closes
    • # received
    • avg

2. Regenerate metadata and bring this straight table to to NPrinting

3. Drag and drop it to excel template to create data for pivot table. This will create straight table with 5 columns. From here it is just creating an excel pivot table (so not really NPrinitng question). I understand that you still need to create Pivot table in nPrinitng Table editor.

4. This table needs to be used to create excel pivot table (formating of pivot table goes down to excel available formats and does not depend on NPrinting.

5. I usually hide sheet with raw data and only keep pivot table sheet visible

6. I set data refresh on open excel in pivot table to allow for Pivot table to fetch data based on data brought in from NPrinting.

thats it

If you wish step by step instruction with screenshot please provide sample qvw

cheers

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.
Ruggero_Piccoli
Support
Support

Hi,

I would like to add to @Lech_Miszkiewicz answer tha this page https://help.qlik.com/en-US/nprinting/November2019/Content/NPrinting/ExcelReports/Pivot-table-Excel.... has complet instructions about how to create a native Excel pivot table by using Qlik NPrinting. I suggest you to avoid the other documented procedure that uses levels because, in that case, report production is slower.

We also solved some Excel Pivot tables issues in more recent versions of Qlik NPrinting, so I suggest you also to upgrade your installation.

Best Regards,

Ruggero

Best Regards,
Ruggero
---------------------------------------------
When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads with a LIKE if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads with LIKEs if you feel additional info is useful to others.